Re: [Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

by PinkieNymph

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have this issue since day one... Sometimes cpu goes 100% but even when cpu and gpu stays under 65% usage there is random stuttering. With the patch relased yesterday the problem went even worse... No matter i put everything on low or ultra, it's always the same!

P.S. After this new patch the game is impossible to play! huge stuttering that never stop. I am the only one that went worse with the patch?

Message 201 of 260 (1,289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@SSJBallGag69 
wow such a big computer and you still have problem..wtf. I thought the problem was only on mid price computer and under...
On twitch you can found ppl with i5, gtx 10XX playing this game smoothly with very high setting...

I'm starting to think that there is something on our computer that doesn't match with the game. I mean this guy has a 2082TI, i9 LOL and still suffer from fps drops and *

Edit :
I found this under a twitch stream, this guys plays anthem with this computer

setting.png

Edit 2 : 

setting 2.png

Message 202 of 260 (1,240 Views)

★★★★ Guide

b

@Akaihane97224 wrote:

@SSJBallGag69 
wow such a big computer and you still have problem..wtf. I thought the problem was only on mid price computer and under...
On twitch you can found ppl with i5, gtx 10XX playing this game smoothly with very high setting...

I'm starting to think that there is something on our computer that doesn't match with the game. I mean this guy has a 2082TI, i9 LOL and still suffer from fps drops and *

Edit :
I found this under a twitch stream, this guys plays anthem with this computer

setting.png

Edit 2 : 

setting 2.png

Weird I use only 7900x and 2080TI not Modern 2082 ti like him I not got any issue. I play fine on 4K 
only one issue about PC is SLI Disable. When i am in heavy fire stage. its FPS drop alot. and only way to FIX it is Disable Antialise. and I dont want it couz I see jawfish everywhere . 

PS : my pic is large. sry I am poorly in pc 

Message 203 of 260 (1,216 Views)

★★★ Novice

Check your system and see if you have Windows update (KB4482887) Specter mitigation patch.  If so uninstall it that seemed to work for me.  Had massive issues post patch but both CPU/GPU usage were under 50% with very low FPS.  After uninstalling KB4482887 performance was back to pre 1.0.3 levels.

Message 204 of 260 (1,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The issues I have experienced with the game (fps drops under 60 that are unrelated to both GPU and CPU on my 2080ti/8600k and that persists at 70 percent utilization and below) are mentioned from 13:50 in the latest digital foundry video. Now the developers cannot really ignore it anymore. V-sync is totally broken in the game and the only way to get a smooth frame rate is to use a variable refresh rate tv/display. 

Message 205 of 260 (1,125 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Taggen86  good found

Message 206 of 260 (1,107 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Up this post 
It needs to stay on first page.

Message 207 of 260 (997 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Taggen86 wrote:

The issues I have experienced with the game (fps drops under 60 that are unrelated to both GPU and CPU on my 2080ti/8600k and that persists at 70 percent utilization and below) are mentioned from 13:50 in the latest digital foundry video. Now the developers cannot really ignore it anymore. V-sync is totally broken in the game and the only way to get a smooth frame rate is to use a variable refresh rate tv/display. 

I play fine on my V sync monitor. and IF I need to keep it at 60 fps or 50 in all stage I must set anti alise to off . I cant click YouTube link on this computer . I will view it on my I phone later. 

and if a smooth is mean keep its 60 FPS in just any stage. at not heavy fire stage . its smooth play and I have both V sync and G sync on 

Message 208 of 260 (989 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I just play by disable Antialise and FPS is not drop below 52 , only at boss stage is ppl keep spam explosive its peak drop to 40 . 

about smooth ? or stuttering. no . its not. its all fine. 

I think most PC ppl need SLI bad. when it gonna come out . I wonder. 

cheer 

Message 209 of 260 (980 Views)

★★★★ Novice
it's unbelievable that so far no developer has said anything about these FPS drops ... I did pre sale and still could not play ... it's disheartening!
Message 210 of 260 (938 Views)