Re: Stuttering all the time Unplayable

by HueLight

Original Post

Re: [Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue. Every time I get into combat it becomes unplayable. I don't have the time to look for fixes, I play games to relax. 

3440x1440p

i9-9900k clocked at 5ghz watercooled

RTX 2080ti overclocked/watercooled

32gb 2667

If I can't dash everywhere without stuttering with this then your game is broken. 

Message 151 of 260 (875 Views)

★★ Apprentice

im already try this but dont work for me :<

Message 152 of 260 (900 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Is a total roulette .. the game works on some types of graphics cards and processors and on other is totally not playable ... optimization of this game...Wait what?! . I do not understand how they could release such a product to the market, in addition, for several days all gm are silent as grave, I hope thay are preparing a patch or a whole new game client that will remedy this madness !!! Fingers crossed

Message 153 of 260 (898 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

This game is CPU hungry. LIMIT your fps to 35 and it will give your CPU some room to process the game and keep up with the GPU.

Message 154 of 260 (879 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Jimmy3oy wrote:

im already try this but dont work for me :<

To what level did you reduce FPS? Before the day 1 patch I was able to play at 60 FPS. Now I have to reduce it to 45 to play comfortably without stuttering. CPU is at 85-90% with this.

Message 155 of 260 (872 Views)

★★★ Novice

I solve this problem. 

My specs:
- GTX 970 4gb
- intel core i5 4690 3.50 GHz
- 8gb RAM

Since I started to play anthem, I experienced stuttering and fps drop. 
I was using the last version driver 419.17. 
To fix the stuttering and fps drop I follow these steps:

- First of all, go to nvidia website and download the version driver 417.35 (for your gpu model)
- Reset your pc in safe mode to uninstall the gpu driver with DDU
- After complete uninstal, reset your pc again in normal mode
- Wait a few minutes until your gpu automatically install the basic driver (if you don't wait, you'll not be able to install the driver 417.35)

- (Warning - do not install Geforce Experience) 

- Install manually the driver 417.35 
- Choose custom and make a clean installation
- After the driver installation, go to Nvidia Control Panel and in 3D Settings > Adjust Image Settings with Preview and push the icon to Performance 

- (Warning - If you have a normal pc, just like me, choose carefully the graphics specs. I have some options in High, others in medium and others in Low. HDR off)

- Start Anthem and press R to the game options. In graphics, put the V-Sync off, exibition in Borderless (should be default)
- Choose your graphics and exit the game
- Go again to Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D settings > software config and add Anthem. 
- Go in Texture Filtering and choose High Performance.
- Go in V-Sync and put it off or choose Fast (That depends of the frame rate of your monitor) 
- Start Anthem Again and be happy. 
- The stuttering should be gone and if you still have fps droping, I'm 100% sure that you put the graphics too high for your system. 

It worked for me and my friends. They both have intel core i7 (idk the gen), GTX 1060 and 1080 and 8gb RAM. 

Let me know if that work for you guys. See ya!!! 

Message 156 of 260 (849 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've tried everything. Everything on these forums. It was working fine 3 days ago, and now unplayable no matter how much a play around with the settings both in game and on my comp

Can we get some kind of response from the Devs plz. 

Message 157 of 260 (831 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
people who uses the term "cpu hungry" to describe bad programming should be smacked on the nose with a newspaper
Message 158 of 260 (818 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@DE4TH5TROKE wrote:
people who uses the term "cpu hungry" to describe bad programming should be smacked on the nose with a newspaper

They are wrong, it should be described as CPU hog/

Message 159 of 260 (815 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@bboombayaah wrote:

I solve this problem. 

I used 4 drivers back and forth, with different options and different settings in NVIDIA control panel, including what you figured. Nothing worked for me until I capped CPU, first with V-SYNC and then with RTSS. If it works for you great, but I bet it's an accident.

Message 160 of 260 (814 Views)