Re: [Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

by Sleepwalker_VIE

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

There's nothing we can do on our end to fix this. I've upgraded to a M.2 SSD. The game runs good for about an hour or two-tops-and then gets unplayable. The loading times are obviously better now but after 2 or 3 strongholds on Grandmaster the lag slowly starts getting worse.

Message 141 of 260 (1,336 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem for me as well, was fairly smooth and at least playable until the 2/28 patch, now it is unplayable with this terrible FPS drop.

Message 142 of 260 (1,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I´m experiencing the stutter since the latest patch. I started on 23rd and back then I had no stuttering and was amaged how nice that was. Now it's stuttering like crazy. I got vsync on because without the tearing of my monitor makes it unwatchable.

I tried easing down on antialiasing but thats all I tried. Since it worked at the start you should go back to that state and start over from there.

Now even the sound is stuttering in action.

I also mentioned that suddenly my system temperature has gone up since the latest patch. I´m not concerned for my system but it was kinda weird that a patch would cause that.

My system: RTX2080, i7-9700K, 16 GB memory at 3200, Game on ssd, Windows 10 on seperate SSD, TEMP and swap file on yet another SSD.

Message 143 of 260 (1,248 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still 100% cpu no matter what I do.

Still cant play and i prepurchased the game. Still level 1 trying to do SOMETHING.

Still NO ONE WORD OF BIOWARE/EA ABOUT THIS!

Message 144 of 260 (1,193 Views)

Re: Stuttering all the time Unplayable

★★ Apprentice

hi ! have exactly same issue, for me game is unplayable totally ..i put everything on low seeting even screen resolution!! game just stuttering , lagging etc.. never seen such a bad optimization ... i try just everything ! drivers, on/offs etc...nothing helped... i put game on ssd disc....loading times fast but stuttering same....UNPLAYABLE !!! :<  ill just cancel my origin subscription...

i have maybe low quality laptop but cmon... its not the worst :<

GeForce® GTX 960M

8gb ram ddr4

Intel i7-6700HQ

500mb ssd

1tb hdd

Message 145 of 260 (1,173 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem as everyone else here. Horrible stuttering/hitching, sometimes for multiple seconds, setting changes have almost no effect (sure, it's worse on Ultra than Low, but it's unplayable on both). Doesn't happen in-town for me at all, only in missions/freeplay.

It was fine until the patch of 28th February as others have mentioned.

I found a solution but it's completely unsatisfactory and makes no sense at all - when I boot the game up, it always defaults to 1280x720/50hz, borderless fullscreen. If I leave it on that setting, I get none of this kind of hitching (indeed basically none at all). If I change it to any other setting, at all, even like to 60hz, or fullscreen, I get this massive hitching. Bizarre and no good. I have the game through Access Premier so will just cancel that if it isn't resolved when my time is up.

Disappointed by this not being added to the list of known issues and lack of EA response.

Message 146 of 260 (1,155 Views)

★★ Apprentice

for me best buil was  free beta tests for all, can even play smooth on medium settings ! After this al updates  *-up game totally ... :<

Message 147 of 260 (1,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem since the last 2 patches.

I5 6600k

Gtx 1070

16GB ram

Os and pagefile on ssd

Game files on seperate ssd

I spent 9 hours trying to fix 20fps with stutters and 100% CPU.

Changed all settings to High in game (heard this takes load off cpu, not sure though)

Nvidia control panel.

max prerender frames: 2

vsync: adaptive

(i did the other suggestions here also i just can't remember the settings. Google anthem nvidia control panel settings and you will find it)

After all that and more the game was still unplayable.

Then I did 3 things in the motherboard bios (not sure witch one did the trick)

-Turned off turbo boost

-OC'd the CPU to what the turbo boost should be (3.9Ghz) (changed uncore to 3.9Ghz also)

- Disable the HPET (High performance efficiency timer)

I have a feeling it was disabling the timer that did it but not sure.

Now when I am in game CPU is 55% to 95% most of the time with 100% spikes- No stutter, no input lag.

Also I do the tab out of game to origin, open the origin application settings and tab back into the game trick.

If your not wanting to OC, I would try disabling the HPET and then if the issue is still there maybe disabling turbo boost.  

Message 148 of 260 (915 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try Disabling HPET(high precision event timer) in the Bios.

I also turned off turbo boost and OC'd my I5 6600k to what the turbo was at the same time.

Not sure witch one of those changes fixed it but now I have cpu% from 55%-95% most of the time in game. It does spike to 100% some times. 

No stutters, no bad input lag.

In game- All settings on high, AA off

Nvidia control panel- Vsync: adaptive , max pre rendered frames: 2

power- max performance

I did the tri lienear optimization settings that every one recommends also, just cant remember specifically what they are.

Message 149 of 260 (1,085 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Message 150 of 260 (1,035 Views)