Re: [Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

by grenian11

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Horrible performance since last patch. WTF have you done?! Stuttering, unresponsive commands, on low graphics with 2080ti?! I also played it on Geforce 1080 on high/medium settings on my other PC without a problem. But now.... Loading screen, loading time, atrocious UI.

What happened to you BIOWARE?! 

Message 111 of 260 (1,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Bioware isn't Bioware anymore. Shortly after EA bought them and right around the time they were working on SWTOR (iirc) most of the original team either cut bait and ran or got outted (forget exactly how it went down) and now it's really only Bioware in name. The main thing to remember is that Bioware still does a good job but the captain of the ship (EA) causes most of these issues. Anybody who played SWTOR early on will remember the 'ships on rails' that was the result of EA. I'm not hating on Bioware the original guys have come up with the some of the greatest games-even to this day-that have ever been made. These games often set the bar for other companies and games of the genre. The company itself is edgy and has been known to not be scared to take a chance. Not once do I ever remember-before EA-that Bioware released a game that wasn't fully finished or full of bugs and requiring multiple patches and fixes. The only positive thing I'm taking away from all of this is at least Bioware is still around in *any* form. Bioware could have been like many other great gaming companies (Telltale for instance) that just ups and vanishes leaving *many* unfinished products. At the very least EA did give us the chance to have these games developed. Andromeda wasn't everything I wanted it to be but it was still a great game and for picking up Bioware and allowing most of the projects they worked on to be completed they have my respect. However, EA and Bioware do need to start finishing games before releasing them again.

FYI nothing I've tried has fixed the stuttering on my end. Endless amounts of time tweaking settings has led to me giving up and waiting for EA to get around to realizing that almost every PC gamer is getting screwed.

Message 112 of 260 (1,426 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here, Have almost spent as much time tweaking and trying to get a lock on 60 fps than playing the game. Now I have decided I won't touch the game until they have fixed it (since the problems are not related my hardware or settings in any way).  Even if my origin subscription runs out.

Message 113 of 260 (1,361 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Uziehl wrote:

Yea... Me too.

I began playing since the 22nd. Played perfectly in ultra settings. Not a single bug. Not a single crash. Not a single glitch.

Today, the 27th, i launch the game... Everything is as usual... but then when i entered Freeplay.... The stuttering was insane. So much so that my game kept crashing back to desktop.

Tomorrow i will try the silly solutions. See if any of it will help. But the question remains:
Why all of a sudden i started having all these issues?

The funny thing is that most of these problems were reported in closed Alpha, demos, etc. I reported some and commended on others. The problems were always there masked by something as well as manifested at different levels for different computers. But they kept feeding us with "You are playing an old build. Everything will be better in new build." speech.

Message 114 of 260 (1,350 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just now downloaded today's 3gb  patch.  Somewhat better on my alienware 17r4 with gtx1080. All in high settings. Very occasional stutters.  All  settings default. What about others?

Message 115 of 260 (1,310 Views)

★ Novice
didnt work
Message 116 of 260 (1,306 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hello guys , i had same problem game was good in the VIP demo ,but day 1 patch make the game unplayeble shuttering (fps drop to 2-5 ) and  i tryed many solutions like clean nvidea drivers install , change virtual memory settings ,change nvidea panel settings .... , but nothing help me , until i did this.

1) dowload this tool https://www.tweaking.com/

2) restart windows (safe mode)

3) uninstall all anti-malwares (i didnt remove windows defender )

4) run a full window repaire with www.tweaking.com tool (it will take some time is took me 40 min+)

5) restart windows (normal mode)

6) and i add origin folders exclusions in windows defender

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games

i hade no more shattering after this ,seems the problem is anthem and many othes games can cause window 10 memory leaks , share if that help you to fix the problem , and sorry for my bad english .

my specs

i7 4770k

nvidea GTX 780 3GB

8 GB ram

500 GB HDD

windows 10 64bit

Message 117 of 260 (1,206 Views)

★★ Novice
Fixed mine today by uninstalling Geforce experience. Been real smooth since I did.
Message 118 of 260 (1,131 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm not getting rid of Experience. EA just needs to fix the problem. It worked fine before, crap after, whatever they did to mess it up they need to undo it. I'll take the longer load times at least I could actually play when it loaded.

Message 119 of 260 (1,118 Views)

★★★ Novice

"Just now downloaded today's 3gb  patch.  Somewhat better on my alienware 17r4 with gtx1080. All in high settings. Very occasional stutters.  All  settings default. What about others?"

Same! GTX 980 here, and I'm back to being able to run things at Medium with a couple things turned up to High and still have smooth gameplay. That's a hell of an improvement from barely being able to play at Low.

Whatever they did, it's a step in the right direction.

Message 120 of 260 (1,064 Views)