Re: [Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

by discohadestwo

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@PinkieNymph wrote:

game is not brokeing . you sily :/ server is pack  . and ppl mob up inside there enough to make server rubber band . and they just nerf drop rate couz of this - ^ - 

85 hour player here ;o

Rubber banding and stuttering are two unrelated things. Stuttering does not depend on how busy server are. Instead it depends on your own computer. This game is CPU hungry, and that what makes it extremely unfriendly to people with high end GPUs and mediocre CPU. Especially considering what EA advertised as the minimal and suggested configurations. Sadly, no matter if you have GTX 980 or 2080Ti, this game will not render any better due to a CPU bottleneck, even on low settings. Maybe AMD users have better experience, but I highly doubt it. Also, some users report memory leaks which could contribute to stuttering due to unnecessary swap activity.

Message 51 of 260 (4,946 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

"CPU Hungry" is another to say "bad programming" when you compare this game to another game that uses same engine but achieved far better performance... in this case Battlefield V should be the base of all compression - tons of explosions on screen and fps stays on 90-100fps means that its all about how you program the game, also notice how so many people mentioned the game run perfect before the latest patch... what does that tells you? that they * things up...

Message 52 of 260 (4,921 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

this game is an unoptimized mass compare to other frostbite games

take a look:

Message 53 of 260 (4,860 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Here is a look at my CPU utilization. Please explain to me how I am having 100% utilization? I have set everything to LOW and turned AA off. I tried with both VSYNC ON and OFF. Depth of Field etc are turned off. Still, the same level of STUTTERING as before. Mind you, its not LAG as some people point out. I have good experience with MMOs and know what lag on a full server looks like. This is graphics stutter on a poorly optimized game.

Message 54 of 260 (4,825 Views)

★ Novice
I saw someone mention disabling the Origin in-game. I tried that and that did it. I can now play on Ultra with minor hiccups here and there. That's goofy.
Message 55 of 260 (4,755 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes, disabling Origin-In-Game does show some benefit, but for me, the CPU remains capped at 100% despite disabling it. 

Message 56 of 260 (4,405 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Just watched the OP video, that's exactly what my game is like. It's absolutely infuriating after playing it previously and getting buttery smooth performance on high/ultra.

Now I have to play on medium with AA disabled, and restart the game every few missions or else it stutters and crashes.

Message 57 of 260 (4,383 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still present eventhough its less

Message 58 of 260 (4,352 Views)

★★ Novice

You have insane frame drops because you have 8gb ram. You need 16gb. 

This is the reccomend requirement 

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz or AMD Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5 GHz
  • RAM: 16 GB System Memory
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060/ RTX 2060, AMD RX 480
  • HARD DRIVE: At least 50 GB of free space
Message 59 of 260 (4,329 Views)

★★★ Novice
Try capping your frames at 60, is what did it for me. If your v-sync does not work properly, or you use a higher refresh rate monitor, you can google a third-party software to do it for you!
Message 60 of 260 (4,315 Views)