Re: [Anthem] PC extreme stuttering and FPS drops [UNPLAYABLE]

by NahushBhat

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

@NahushBhat wrote:

EDIT 2: @ThePuristGamer suggested turning AA off, along with some more changes which seems to be resolving the issue for many. 

For those that are not so lucky and even lowering the quality to low doesn't help, we may need to play with V-SYNC: on for a bit. It might help.

Message 41 of 260 (2,772 Views)

★★★★ Guide

No :/

your pc cant handle ultra setting. I play on Ultra setting at this time. and its not able to handle 60 fps all time :0

my pc is 7900x at 4.5 ghz . 32 ram and 2080ti 

I think you should lower your setting for make it able to play 

anyway new driver 419.17 is very good driver ever for anthem its on nvidia official website now

Message 42 of 260 (2,763 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Many are suggesting that my PC cant handle this, or that I am CPU Bottlenecked. Well, that does not explain why I get the same issue even when I set the graphics to ALL LOW with AA off, and Vsync ON or OFF. It will give me micro-stutters no matter what, athough the frequency improves in LOW. 

Disabling Origin-in game overlay has been a good improvement though.

Message 43 of 260 (2,758 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry it didnt help you...your card is only capable of low setting with AA off and post processing set to low you will still have very bad perfirmance eveb with a good cpu.

Message 44 of 260 (2,755 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ThePuristGamer First of all, thanks for any solutions at all. You're doing more to help with improving our gaming experience with Anthem more than EA and their net worth of $25,000,000,000 ever has, as ludicrous as that is.

I have 8 gigs of RAM, an i7-7700HQ and a GTX 1060 6. By far not a supercomputer and it ran loudly enough for me to reapply thermal paste to my components but the game was playing without issue on medium settings with 60 frames during pre-release. Then the day one patch dropped and ruined everything for a lot of people.. now you see all of these in-depth solutions that people are trying to tinker with to get Anthem to a playable state again when it wasn't their fault that it stopped working to begin with. The game ran great on our machines - not perfectly, but great. Then this mess of a patch drops and has people second-guessing how much their equipment can handle even though the game causing this issue was running just fine on their machines a week ago.

BioWare messed this up and it's up to BioWare to fix it. Thank God for helpful people like who you actually care about those of us who spent hard-earned money on this game for nothing and I did try the settings you offered to no avail. From what I've seen from checking these forums every few hours for days now, no workaround will stop the stuttering completely. It's up to them to fix their mess.

Message 45 of 260 (2,735 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Game is broken. I tried everything... I can run Battlefield v with its identical engine on 90-100 fps even with higher resolution than Anthem while in anthem I get huge frame drops even to 30ish = game broken due to developers programing/latest patch end of story... 

Message 46 of 260 (2,678 Views)

★★★★ Guide

game is not brokeing . you sily :/ server is pack  . and ppl mob up inside there enough to make server rubber band . and they just nerf drop rate couz of this - ^ - 

85 hour player here ;o

Message 47 of 260 (2,671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Lol rubber band... [Comment Removed - Admin.]

Message 48 of 260 (2,664 Views)

★ Apprentice

@PinkieNymph  This is what it looks like when we try to play the game you're currently enjoying so much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNfZiJAGXXo

That's not rubberbanding.

Message 49 of 260 (2,652 Views)

★ Novice
It's happening during the opening animation for me. I'm not even playing the game.
Message 50 of 260 (2,642 Views)