Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem PC - Mouse/Keyboard Input Lag

by Ichi_Benz

Original Post

Anthem PC - Mouse/Keyboard Input Lag

★★★★ Novice

Ever since early access (15th) and post 22nd patch day I've been experiencing mouse/keyboard input lag. I've noticed it happens a lot (like anytime I make any movement with mouse and keyboard at same time) during combat and it would lock all controls for 5-10 seconds. Tried repairing files and adjusting video settings both in-game and in nvidia but nothing seems to work. It's extremely frustrating.

Message 1 of 9 (646 Views)

Re: Anthem PC - Mouse/Keyboard Input Lag

★★★★ Novice

Bump

Message 2 of 9 (454 Views)

★★★★ Novice
same here
Message 3 of 9 (418 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Me too.

Message 4 of 9 (374 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I've tried plugging in my xbox controller to my PC to see if that works and there's absolutely no input lag but I'd like to use my keyboard and mouse. Anyone with this issue on the PC could use this as a work around until the issue is fixed if at all. I've messaged Bioware both on their studio twitter & Anthem twitter with no response yet.

Message 5 of 9 (367 Views)

Betreff: Anthem PC - Mouse/Keyboard Input Lag

★★★★ Newbie

same here

Message 6 of 9 (287 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Out of curiosity, what keyboard/mouse is everyone using?

I'm using Logitech G510S & G500

Message 7 of 9 (249 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Ichi_Benz wrote:

Ever since early access (15th) and post 22nd patch day I've been experiencing mouse/keyboard input lag. I've noticed it happens a lot (like anytime I make any movement with mouse and keyboard at same time) during combat and it would lock all controls for 5-10 seconds. Tried repairing files and adjusting video settings both in-game and in nvidia but nothing seems to work. It's extremely frustrating.

Seems like the old issue: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Keyboard-and-Mouse-Stuttering-cut-out/m-p/7497609#M2190
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Mouse-quot-shuttering-quot-Input-Lags-Freezes/m-p/7499103...

Check your CPU usage. If it is all the way up to 100%. That is the culprit. You need to lower it whatever way possible. I.e. close chrome, other programs, etc. Try lowering FPS, that helps too:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Refreshing-workaround-CPU-is-100-input-lag-loss-of-contro...

Message 8 of 9 (244 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Input lag M+K makes game unplayable.

BUMP

Message 9 of 9 (192 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help