Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anthem Crashing on Xbox one

by MrSandman777

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Same here starting today on og Xbox one. I've had the game crash once a day since release. Today everything seems to cause problems. 

Crashes during mission if it's working. Audio went out on the whole console during one missing that required complete reboot. After multiple crashes and freezes today i gave up. One freeze allowed for camera movement, which looked pretty cool, but ultimately it crashed. This same kind of thing happened on my PC once the day one patch was released, so I'm curious if they had done something internally or a tiny patch that lead to these weird problems.

Message 31 of 97 (502 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

@LeonnyxBr wrote:
Same thing here!! Pls EA fix that sh*****!!!

Try restarting the Xbox from the settings and restarting your router

did both yesterday and have not had issues 

Message 32 of 97 (482 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
Same with me
Message 33 of 97 (469 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
Me to
Message 34 of 97 (468 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The beta crashed about 5 minutes into a mission but at least I was able to play.  Then with the EA Access demo it worked fine (it only crashed twice in 6 hours).  Then after the game released and received the day one patch, it crashes consistently after I “Press A” at the opening screen.

Message 35 of 97 (454 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After a dozen or so system resets. Downloading and reinstalling the game 4 times now, it finally loads and is semi playable. I’m able to play, sometime for several hours. Other times 20-30 minutes and I get the buzz and then crash to the home screen. Sound going out is also an issue. I can still play without sound, but it’s simply the precursor to the eventual freeze and crash.

Suggestion: If you have the alpha, the vip demo or demo on your Xbox, uninstall them before you try to reinstall and run Anthem. This is the one thing I’ve done differently before the game began to work(so to speak).

Message 36 of 97 (418 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I have a quick fix that worked for my game and it’s been working fine after I did this. On Xbox settings go to network, network settings, advanced settings, alternate MAC address, clear. After your xbox turns off disconnect your power cord from the outlet for minimum 2 mins then plug back in and try to reboot game. Wink worked great for me it is a game files sync issue if this works. GOOD LUCK GUYS!! Standard smile

Message 37 of 97 (404 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Having same issue which started recently odd enough. Randomly got disconnected from the EA servers at the stronghold results screen and now I just get disconnected around the same time every time I log in. Barely have time to get to the forge to make javelin changes or start an expedition and it disconnects back to the main screen. 

So basically, as much as I like Anthem and would like to play it... virtually can’t at all on X1X. With issues like these practically preventing people from playing I’d be surprised if this game survives for the long haul. It’s one thing to be reviewed bad because of something subjective but it’s another thing to completely fail at even providing a gaming experience. That should be priority right now above any changes to actual in-game content. GET PEOPLE ACTUALLY PLAYING YOUR GAME!

Message 38 of 97 (398 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My Game whether I am just launching it up, going through a loading screen, walking through town, talking to an npc, opening my map, free roaming, in a mission etc has this one MAJOR problem that STOPS me COMPLETELY from being able to play. It makes a bug/glitchy sound that is like (BUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRR) before it seems to have unfrozen but then immediately homescreens OR it doesnt even make the sound and just dashboards. This happened 8-10 times within 47 minutes to me yesterday and I have proof due to the fact I was streaming the whole time before my patience was tried enough and It pissed me off. This is possibly the worst launch I have seen since it's not simple glitches (Which I could name a few but are not bad or the point), this is LITERALLY making the game unplayable for me. I REALLY want to play the damn game, like ALOT. But this is infuriating and almost pointless to even try turning it on. Due to this I have 1) LOST ALL PROGRESS IN A MISSION INCLUDING XP, LOOT, AND ITEMS YET STILL COMPLETED THE MISSION SOMEHOW WHILE ALSO MISSING THE CUTSCENE. 2) COMBINE OR REARRANGE ANY PART OF THE FIRST AND IT HAS HAPPENED 3) NOT BEEN ABLE TO START UP THE GAME DUE TO IT STARTING TO LOAD AND CRASHING 4) NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME OUT OF THE MAIN PRESS A BUTTON WITH RESUME DUE TO 3.

This is the BIGGEST problem by far with this game. I REALLY want to play this game, but at this point if I can't play this game in the next week due to constantly losing progress, xp, loot, constant crashing by itself, etc then it won't matter on the rest of the bugs or not. I will drop the game entirely. This aint right. I will point out Bioware is one of my favorite game companys but this time around this problem * up the one thing my patience can't ignore since release after who knows how many crashes I have gone through. Other people are and may have been having a better time than me etc but I don't care about that. This is my own personal issues and problem with the game. I am almost sorry I bought the game because of this ONE problem. And I stuck with Fallout 76 because at least it was playable and didn't cause any of the above for me.

Sincerely, an Angry Gamer.

Message 39 of 97 (356 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have you managed to figure it out? 

Message 40 of 97 (356 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help