Re: [Anthem 1.0.4 & 1.0.3 Patch] Server Connectivity Issues

by Soulforger90

Original Post

Re: [Anthem 1.0.3 Patch] Server Connectivity and Major Bugs

★★★ Newbie
I am having the same issues on pc almost exactly as you've described. The only luck I have had is when playing during off peak hours (tuesday 1:30 pm est). but I've had no luck in the evenings since the 1.0.3 patch. On ping plotter I also have bad packet loss on washington1.level3.net
Message 171 of 183 (859 Views)

★ Guide
@neveret What is your location, ISP and DNS you're using ?
Message 172 of 183 (844 Views)

★★ Novice

Yup. Still getting disconnected from the game.  if it's not a hard disconnect (where the game restarts and everything) it's a server connection issue where I stay in game but either rubber band or nothing responds for several seconds.  

Funny thing is, my son in the next room, using the same router, has no connection issues what-so-ever.

It's getting to the point where I'm really not interested in playing the game since I can't, you know, actually play the game.

Message 173 of 183 (802 Views)

★ Guide
@kelventar This is such a weird thing with Anthem like you've described. Makes no sense to me for a game to show this kind of behavior being on the same network so to speak.
Message 174 of 183 (792 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's basicly the same thing I described in my post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Severe-connection-Issues-since-22/m-p/7632630#M19755

Just wanted to point out that I've linked youtube vid illustrating the issue we are all experiencing.

Message 175 of 183 (767 Views)

★ Guide
Hey Guys, Packet loss was the main issue for me as diagnosed by both EAHelp and my ISP. I've since then installed VPN Client (Any would work but I chose ExpressVPN) just to play the game and I no longer encounter any server issues.

Give it a try and see if that helps you folks out if you're like me with degraded network.
Message 176 of 183 (714 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't have a degraded network connection. At least I shouldn't. When I get home tonight from work I'm going to test my ping with the EA servers to see how bad it is. I still don't have the game installed to test out the connectivity. No one should have to spend extra money on a VPN client in order to play one game.

I'm glad you're able to connect now though. Have you had ANY connection issues after using the VPN? And I do many any!!??

Message 177 of 183 (694 Views)

★ Guide
@Soulforger90 No issues whatsoever. Try Speedify its a free vpn with 5gb which renews every Month. Just don't download the game with it on. No harm in trying.
Message 178 of 183 (690 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Monday night 4/15

I still had the Origin launcher download saved on my computer so I ran that, installed it, and then proceeded to download Anthem again. Took about 2-3 hours for the download / installation of the game to complete. After Anthem installed, I updated the origin launcher because it said it had an update.

Installing both the launcher and Anthem put the shortcuts on my desktop with the Anthem shortcut having the adminstrator shield on it from the last time I had it installed.

Launched Anthem from the launcher and not the shortcut on my desktop.

Game started up > EA / Frostbite screen / Bioware title screen > Main screen > connecting to servers > press space to resume (version 1.0.4)

Pressed spacebar to enter the game  > loading screen (of course)...SUCCESS!

Loaded into Tarsis > hit R to go to the mission screen > selected Freeplay GM1 > loading screen > loaded into Freeplay.

Played for about an hour and then exited out of Freeplay > loading screen > end of expedition screen > loaded into Tarsis

So for my hour on Monday I had ZERO connection issues / no pilot / server connection errors. The game played flawlessly.

TUESDAY 4/16

Booted up the game and played for a little over an hour. This time I did the legendary contract on GM2, as well as some contracts on GM1. Again, no connection issues / no server disconnects / no getting kicked back to the title screen during a loading screen. Game played flawlessly again.

I literally did NOTHING different from my previous attempts at playing the game. So far it looks like the server issues have been fixed, at least from my end. I did not do anything except download and re-install the game. I keep waiting for the errors to return, so we'll see. I plan on testing it a bit more during peak hours to see if that makes a difference.

Message 179 of 183 (649 Views)

★ Guide
@Soulforger90 That's great brother. It's time for you to add me and help in my mission. Just a level 28 for now doing things on Hard for now before choosing GM1. No pressure as I don't want to slow you down since you're on GM2🙂
Message 180 of 183 (644 Views)