Re: [Anthem 1.0.3 Patch] Server Connectivity and Major Bugs

by MoNeY-T4GN

Original Post

★ Guide

I have also tried to point at this and on cpu 100% usage on all social media but not a single response frome bioware. Either they dont want to acknowledge this issues or they are just  ignoring it. Sometimes when I play and I see laging and rubberbanding, I ask myself is this P2P connection.

Message 111 of 183 (527 Views)

★ Guide
@sakiboj77 I can understand your condition brother.
Message 112 of 183 (517 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I bought the game Sunday played fine till today when I was in free play then the sound cut out and I started lagging very badly, tried to restart game and haven’t been able to get past the title screen for 5 hours but from what I can tell from what I’ve read on here that it might be awhile longer before I can even hope of playing the game, which is a HUGE bummer I loved the gameplay but this is crazy that this problem has been around for so long and devs haven’t done anything about it
Message 113 of 183 (486 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Game was working great for me until this latest patch (1.0.4).  Now the game is unplayable.  Have to restart my PC to get past the title screen otherwise it just crashes repeatedly.  Then when I get in it will crash loading into a mission.  Loading back in it will give me the option to join the expedition in progress then after the mission is over it will crash again just before the mission results screen.  Then it starts all over again and it won't let me past the title screen unless I restart my PC.  Rinse and repeat.  Over and over.

Message 114 of 183 (475 Views)

★ Guide
Guys, I've shared this post with Brenon Holmes yesterday. Let's see what happens now.
Message 115 of 183 (458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Everyone, Guys I have something REALLY FANTASTIC to report with you all.

I downloaded Anthem today and did a flush DNS (Steps can be found here - https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-pc/). Then I restarted my computer and launched Anthem.

It launched perfect and I was able to sign into their Servers no problem. I went through with all the default settings that the game comes with.
I went into Heart of Rage Solo and defeated the Ash Titan area but then I encountered a strange 'Transport to Mission Area' bug. I ended the expedition and the victory results bug occurred, I did get my loot items (Blues and Greens since I'm a Lvl 18 only) and went in the Forge (No loading screens YaY !!). There I did encounter Connection Problem error twice but then it disappeared.
I relaunched the expedition and an Interceptor (I'm a Ranger as always) joined my session (Privacy was set to Public in the first place). Together we were able to complete the Heart of Rage Story Mission (Stronghold opened later on). Throughout the 1 Hr session that I recorded I NEVER (And yes I mean NEVER) encountered the 3 Server disconnects error I have reported in the beginning of this post. Right now I am HAPPY to report that those errors did not occur and I was gladly able to complete Story missions (Onto Grinding now).

Having said all this, I DO NOT KNOW what could have resolved the problem (maybe flushing DNS but I'm really not sure) and I am STILL MONITORING STABILITY of this Game when I'll be grinding.
Its finally felt good that I am now at the levels of others who are grinding gears in this game and that I can join Launchbay missions without any problem.

I am currently editing my Video about this that I will post tomorrow on my YouTube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/time4gamesnow) and would share the link here tomorrow. I would urge everyone here to watch that Video to see how this all went through (Please don't watch it if you haven't done Heart of Rage I don't want to Spoil it for you).

On a Final Note, This Post will remain Open as I know the ISSUE HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED FOR ALL folks so I will keep attracting attention here and keep this post open for all of you until you all say that the issue has been resolved.

Message 116 of 183 (449 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Good to know. I will try to flush my dns as well later today (still at my office now). Thanks for sharing.
Message 117 of 183 (443 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hey Money,

I'm at work, but I just want to run through what you did...sorry for all the specific questions. If you continue to have relative success at staying connected through the loading screens, I may give this a try tonight or tomorrow night at the latest.

- You had the game previously installed, but uninstalled it and had to re-download / install it again?

- You didn't have to find / search for any remaining hidden files left over by the Origin Launcher or Anthem game (old folders, save files, etc.?)

- Did you install the origin launcher and game to an SSD or HDD? Primary or secondary drive?

- When you uninstalled the game, did you do it from the origin launcher or the control panel?

- Did you uninstall the origin launcher as well?

- Did you change any settings to the origin launcher (turn off overlay, etc.)

- Did you change the shortcuts of the origin launcher / anthem game to run as administrator?

- After installation you didn't start the game...but flushed your DNS (according the instructions) and then restarted your computer?

- Did you launch the new installation of the game from the origin launcher or the anthem shortcut?

- Once in game when you load into Tarsis at the news desk, did you adjust ANY game settings?

- Have you crashed / disconnected / server error'd out to the title screen upon completing a mission or loading into the End of Expedition screen, or loading into ANY remaining loading screens that are still in the game??

***My gameplay issues (as you know) stem from ANY loading screen, which would then kick me back to the EA / Frostbite title screen and loop around to the press space to resume title screen, and then sometimes do it again, until it finally let me into Tarsis***

- Have you experienced ANY of that again?

Report back with any issues you're still experiencing and keep us up to date with your "new" game experience. lol.

Also, grats on finally hitting 30!!

Message 118 of 183 (432 Views)

★ Guide

@Soulforger90 I absolutely Love the fact that you've asked all these questions and please don't be sorry about it in any way. I appreciate you asking so thoroughly. My Answers are below each of your questions. Apologies if I missed out on any of your question since I'm doing this precisely at 4:20 AM of Friday March 29 using my phone.

- You had the game previously installed, but uninstalled it and had to re-download / install it again?

Me - Yes, I pre-loaded the game Feb 13th and Re-installed it March 28th after uninstalling it on March 12th I believe.

- You didn't have to find / search for any remaining hidden files left over by the Origin Launcher or Anthem game (old folders, save files, etc.?)

Me - When I uninstalled it the 'Anthem' folder went away automatically from the drive. There wasn't any file or folder in my User directory either.

- Did you install the origin launcher and game to an SSD or HDD? Primary or secondary drive?

Me - I don't have an SSD yet. Everything is on one single HDD (WD Black 1TB).

- When you uninstalled the game, did you do it from the origin launcher or the control panel?

Me - I uninstalled it using Origin and not Control Panel.

- Did you uninstall the origin launcher as well?

Me - No I did not uninstall Origin since I play Apex Legends.

- Did you change any settings to the origin launcher (turn off overlay, etc.)

Me - After reinstalling it I did not change any settings in Origin.

- Did you change the shortcuts of the origin launcher / anthem game to run as administrator?

Me - No, I didn't change any shortcuts.

- After installation you didn't start the game...but flushed your DNS (according the instructions) and then restarted your computer?

Me - Yes, After the Installation I flushed DNS and restarted my system.

- Did you launch the new installation of the game from the origin launcher or the anthem shortcut?

Me - I launched it from the Anthem shortcut on my Desktop.

- Once in game when you load into Tarsis at the news desk, did you adjust ANY game settings?

Me - No, I did not change any game settings at all. I kept them default.

- Have you crashed / disconnected / server error'd out to the title screen upon completing a mission or loading into the End of Expedition screen, or loading into ANY remaining loading screens that are still in the game??

Me - No, The Game didn't crash at all and did not loop into the issue.

I would say this that I just played and recorded my session for about 1 Hr 23 Mins to be precise. Since then I didn't play and would not be able to Today (Friday March 29) aswell as I need to edit the video I recorded and get it out there for all of you to see how my game performed.

I will definitely post link to my video here and would request everyone to see. Please don't think of the video as me trying to gather views. I'm not into any sorts of monetization or making money from YouTube. I also don't want to bribe for subscribing too as I believe that you'll subscribe if you love what I'm doing and if you feel like.

My only reason to post video is to showcase Game's performance.

Since I haven't played for more I will keep monitoring game's stability and will report issues here.

All said, I did encounter bugs which I've detailed in my earlier post and I will show that in the Video too. Do feel free to skip parts in the video.

Finally, Thanks for greeting me for reaching 30 I appreciate that but I'm still at 18 since I only completed main story missions for now. I'll now be replaying and grinding to monitor the game.

Message 119 of 183 (388 Views)

★ Guide
Oh and I finished writing the post above at 4:40 AM 🙂
Message 120 of 183 (387 Views)