Re: [Anthem 1.0.3 Patch] Server Connectivity and Major Bugs

by Soulforger90

Original Post

★ Guide

@Geeha08 wrote:

Connection issues have not been fixed. The error message now has more details, but I got disconnected straight away without getting the chance to login to the game. I’ve deleted the game now. I got some of my money’s worth - not enough, but that’s life. I am not going to waste any more time trying to get this game to work properly and, to be honest, given the game has so many other problems, these connecton issues that are affecting a minority of players will never be fixed. Anthem is done as a game of any consequence anyway. There is no way it will be properly supported with such a small player base. I certainly won’t be buying a Bioware game ever again.

This

Message 101 of 183 (428 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I really enjoyed the game as well. Truth be told, I'd still be playing it even with the issues with the looting system IF I wasn't getting constant disconnects and errors from the loading / title screens.

Game released on a Friday (not early access) and I gave in and bought it on Saturday. I bought it because of the fact that they did the day one patch which seemed to address many (not all) of the issues that were plaguing the early access. I watched review videos, most of which were saying the game wasn't great because of the lack of endgame, etc. But even most of those videos said the game play itself was fun.

Purchased the game, signed in, and from what I can remember I only had a few minor issues during that first week? I say first week, because I don't think 1.0.3 hit until the following week of release. I experienced a few disconnects, 1 or 2 game freezes that required an ALT+F4 / task manager solution, and the audio bug that happened when you were engaged in a fire fight in a mission / stronghold. That happened twice and required a game restart. So yes, while there were issues during my week of gameplay, I was 90% of the time able to get on and just play.

THEN 1.0.3 Patch went live!! And it went downhill from there. I won't rehash what I've said numerous times, but needless to say...IT WAS THE VERY DEFINITION OF INSANITY!!

I WANT this game to be successful, because having played it for the time I have, I found it extremely fun. I dare say I actually miss jumping into game and doing some freeplay / strongholds. But I just can't put myself through all the frustration again in hopes of being able to play for short periods of time before having to spend the same amount of time getting back into the game to play.

And ac3, it sounds like you may be correct in your explanation as to why they haven't fixed the issue. I was hoping it was more of an origin / anti-piracy thing causing it (which it might be). But at this point....I'm seriously going to consider just buying The Division 2 this coming weekend. At least I know that game was stable for me and fun.

I'm still pissed I spent $60 on Anthem and I can't play it.

Message 102 of 183 (425 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I re-downloaded it once the latest Patch went live, had too many issues just updating it in the past. Works like a charm. My major issue is that playing a Storm I rarely am on the ground to pick up loot during Battles and I don't see any of my loot drops anymore since my team mates (Interceptors/Rangers/Colosus) pick it all up. Not until I go into my inventory screen or back to the Fort do I know what it was. Hope they fix this.

Message 103 of 183 (420 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I think one of the devs mentioned on Twitter today that it was an issue they are looking into. Other players shouldn't be picking up your loot. So that should eventually be fixed. Glad you got the game to be stable though!

Message 104 of 183 (401 Views)

★ Guide
@Geeha08 Since the start of this post no one from either EA or BioWare have responded here on their own forum. Feels like this is a dead place but we will keep voicing our concerns since we're invested our Interest, Time and Money in this Game. Just like you I'm pretty sure people would have abandoned this game and somewhere or the other it is a justified step. A game this broken will further worsen the gameplay experience and not paying attention to this just because the playerbase is small is absolutely heart breaking.
Message 105 of 183 (382 Views)

★ Guide
@Soulforger90 See, I completely understand what your feelings are for this game since they match with mine. But one thing that you need to understand is that this game needs Dev Support and if they keep on making blunders like such then regardless this game is fun would then become this game HAD potential and WAS fun. This will go down and rust in past. What you've just said is exactly the events that have happened.

The most funny thing is how can some have disconnect issues and some don't ? All are running the same build and version of the game and even then some are having issues some don't. This is totally unbelievable. Its the Servers where some are able to handle the processing and some are not able to. Their Server Infrastructure isn't consistent. This is something BioWare needs to work with EA to fix but surprisingly they are still silent.

A Quick update BioWare on Tweeter (2 hrs ago) said that the Game is going under maintenance and would be back up 3:30 AM CT after which players would have to download a small patch (SMALL PATCH) to play the game. I'm wondering what that all is about.
Message 106 of 183 (380 Views)

★ Guide
@Amnixx Good to know Game is running fine for you. We're exactly on the same version of the game as you are on and we're facing problems way too much.
Message 107 of 183 (379 Views)

★ Guide
@Soulforger90 Fixing loot is a good thing since once our Server disconnects are fixed we would have gone into that problem. But the Server disconnect problem still prevails and I don't know when they're going to fix it.
Last night I did message Brenon Holmes (BioWare Community Manager) about the situation with 1.0.4 and he hasn't replied back. Seems like BioWare wants to remain silent on server side issues still. So not good !!
Message 108 of 183 (377 Views)

★★★ Pro

Getting constant crashes with error retrieving pilot data messages.  Usually right before the completion screen for a contract.  So far have entered been able to retrieve loot.  Once it crashes, it takes me several tries to log back in.  Usually multiple crashes.  So far, this has happened every time . I reset my modem and I'm on PS4.  I don't experience any errors on any of my other games.

Message 109 of 183 (352 Views)

★ Guide
Guys, Please be assured that I'm doing everything possible I can to get attention to this forum but I'm very disappointed to report that all is going vague. Majority of folks are talking about fixing loot and every YouTuber is jumping on that bandwagon to generate views. I've hit YouTube, Twitter, Reddit, Several Discord Servers but nobody and not even EA or BioWare has shown any care about Server Disconnects.

I'll keep trying more until my patience runs out at which point this Game is dead to me then for forever.
Message 110 of 183 (350 Views)