by MoNeY-T4GN

Original Post

[Anthem 1.0.4 & 1.0.3 Patch] Server Connectivity Issues

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

(Post updated on 15th April 2019)

To,
EA, EA Help, AnswersHQ, BioWare,

I would keep this short and simple. The current state of Anthem IS BROKEN.

Since updating to Patch 1.0.3 both PC and Console players have started experiencing server connectivity issues. The game NO LONGER REMAINS CONNECTED to servers.

The condition is so worse that I ended up uninstalling the game. However, After Patch 1.0.4 was released I re-installed the game back and also flushed DNS. The game ran fine but did go into 3rd error (as below) when in The Forge.

Today (30th March 2019) when I again ran Anthem it started disconnecting a lot and kept throwing errors (as detailed below) - 

1. Error updating Pilot Data. Please try again.
    (ErrorCode:0xb423693223e13999-ffffffff00000000-S)
  2. Error retrieving Anthem live service data.
    (ErrorCode:0xff9ebb7523e13999-ffffffff00000000-S)
  3. Connection Problem - Unknown Error.

This is how it happened - 

1. Launched Origin.
  2. Launched Anthem.
  3. Pressed space to connect to Server.
  4. Loading screen.
  5. Looped to EA BioWare splash screen and threw the 1st error.
  6. Pressed space to ignore the message.
  7. Came to main screen and threw the 2nd error.
  8. Pressed space to ignore the message.
  9. Loaded up into Fort Tarsis.
  10. Pressed R to launch expedition.
  11. Selected Freeplay Missions.
  12. Pressed R to launch Forge.
  13. Tweaked my Javelin and ran into 3rd error like 5 times after ignoring.
  14. Did one Freeplay Mission and completed it with 3 other Javelins.
  15. Victory screen did not load up and threw errors 1 and 2.
  16. Went back to EA BioWare splash screen and started doing errors 1 and 2 and never reached to Fort Tarsis. It kept looping in those errors.

Can there be some kind of acknowledgement to these issues and a date when this can be resolved. If you're wondering what region I am from then I am from India.

I have also posted the same at Reddit - 

Reddit - [Anthem 1.0.4 & 1.0.3 Patch] Server Connectivity Issues

(Update as on 15th April 2019)

With a lot of ISP Troubleshooting it was diagnosed that my Packet loss is the main reason for me loosing connectivity with Anthem servers (Along with hitbox misses on both Apex Legends and Battlefield V and on other games too). I Installed a VPN client on 13th April 2019 and since then I no longer encountered server errors as described above. Turns out Packet loss was the main culprit for me. Thanks EAHelp for helping me out.

(DO KEEP IN MIND THAT PURCHASING EA GAMES USING VPN OUTSIDE OF YOUR REGION IS AGAINST TOS. IF YOU'RE JUST PLAYING THE GAME THEN IT IS FINE)

Related post on VPN Use - 

Are VPN's allowed?

Message 1 of 183 (8,727 Views)

Re: [Anthem 1.0.3 Patch] Server Connectivity and Major Bugs

★ Apprentice

I haven't been able to connect at all since launch on PS4, my connection is strong and I got a new PS4 but I just keep getting "error retrieving pilot data" and "error retrieving live service data"

Message 2 of 183 (8,640 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
"Finding old Friends" is bugged since launch. What happened to me is that i was able to select a different mission when talking to them because i wanted to be L30 before reaching the final stage of the story resulting in my character progression being damaged and not completely fixed by BIOWARE after what is now basically 1 fricking month. Still i have the " Finding old Friends " mission randomly appear to me as unfinished , locking STronghold access , setting my pilot to L1 (visual only?) etc. This is so bloody INCOMPETENT Bioware that i cant find any words more for it.
Message 3 of 183 (8,400 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I had zero problems playing for the first week. The updates made my connection worse to the point where now I cant get into a mission. And when I do load in I have the cosmetic glitch plus no head or ammo then if I ADS my friends say it looks like I'm having a seizure then I get kicked. I contacted EA support they instructed me to restore default settings, I did they said something about it removing data packets and fixing the error loading and retrieving pilot data. It did not. All my friends can play fine. It's frustrating because I bought the LOD edition and have been waiting sense 2017 to play this game. I've gone on Twitter, reddit, EA support and no one has helped me or heard what I'm saying. I dont know what to do. Please help.

Message 4 of 183 (8,380 Views)

★ Guide
I know and I am in the same condition as you are exactly. I love this game since its debut and now it has completely broken due to those Server Disconnects.
Message 5 of 183 (8,374 Views)

★★★ Novice

In regards to: 

2 - Can't skip Heart of Rage Mission
This particular Story Mission is Unskippable as both Haluk & Faye block my Javelin to start any other expedition. I want to grind before doing this mission but I'm unable to even though I track other missions they're blocking my Javelin. When I talk with them I go into Heart of Rage mission and It doesn't even let me change mission from Inside the Heart of Rage expedition page.

If you go to the Launch Bay, you can get the normal expedition window from the launcher at the top of the room.

Message 6 of 183 (8,296 Views)

★ Guide
Since Point #1 hasn't been resolved I'm finding it next to impossible to go to Launchbay and do that.
Message 7 of 183 (8,254 Views)

★ Apprentice

I could play the game almost normal for the last few weeks! But since around two days ago i can not even get past the title screen and even if i do i will be thrown back there once i try to start a mission :/

I really enjoy the gameplay and i didnt even mind the loot system as it is, but i start to get frustrated right now because i can not play even so i want to.

Hope they can fix this connection problem soon!

Message 8 of 183 (8,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m surprised you can even connect to the servers. Ever since the latest patch, I haven’t been able to even get past the login screen due to server connection issues. 

Message 9 of 183 (8,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The really really sad thing is BW doesn't think this is their priority to fix. At this time I've literally given up on my efforts to voice out the concern. I've posted comments on YouTube videos doing Anthem stuff (OWG, YourAthem, KhrazeGaming, RyanCentral), I've sent them DM too, I've tweeted to Devs, EA, BW, I've posted a lot on Reddit and in their Sub too, DM and sent Chats to Jesse (Community Manager BW), I've also tried their Discord Server too, I looked up at all related posts here on AnswersHQ and found them closed with no working fix so opened this and will keep it open until everyone is at peace. I guess I've literally tried everything I possibly could to bring their attention to this post but unfortunately there's isn't any acknowledgement. Had I been in US I would have drove to their offices and asked for help (Oh yeah I'm that much in love with Anthem)

I've reinstalled it, Reinstalled Origin but no good. Tried every step to troubleshoot but still no good.

I still love this Game but I have uninstalled it now after (trust me) facing server disconnects for 100+ times in span of 6 hours split 2 days (3 hrs each).

I'm lost with this and really don't know when we'll get a response. I guess I'll get back to this Game when we all have a steady stable BIG FIX patch.

#FixAnthem 😔

#HeartBroken 💔

PS - This is not me stepping away from this post. I would request everyone facing these issues to upvote this post so that it gets attention. Anything you can do to help bring attention to this post is much appreciated ✌️

Message 10 of 183 (8,208 Views)