Another CC scam

by Valkillerbaby

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Another CC scam

★★ Novice

There's nowhere else to turn to so don't tell me I'm in the wrong place. 600 CC for Guild Bank unlock... 600 is not that much is also not that few. To have 600 coins in the first place you either bought it from site or were a sub, either way you were a customer. And yet what this unlock says and does is 2 different things, it's a scam and it's an overpriced garbage. Basically description says "Grants access to Guild Bank and any guild you might be part of. It allows you to store and share items with guild members". Ok, my bad, nowhere it wrote credits, just items, though it should definitely specify now that we can store credits in legacy cargo, people get the wrong idea. So I can't use flagship for summons, I can't give or take money, and the so called items i can exchange are 3 per week....PER WEEK.600 CC for being able to look at the guild cargo and take 3 items per week. Scammed! You unlock nothing worth 600 CC, you are lied to you'll be able to share anything with guild in the bank. So my coins I received complimentary as a sub? Wasted. Can't be refunded now either. I want to write in the forum but I can't unless I'm a sub... So you mean to tell me I have to resub to be able to complain about a payed marked for prefs I wanted to purchase but essentially scammed me... At this point why resub, why not delete this game that doesn't value it's customers and players in any way. This is next level EA type of rubbish. You tell me what the hell can I do, who will give me my coins back, or my headache. Why does one have to research something outside of the game to make sure what he's offered is legitimate? You tell me what I can do?

If I can't get anything back at least let people see this so they don't fall in the same trap, or better yet... take a miracle notice of this and add in the description what the unlock actually does and stop lying to people!!!

Message 1 of 8 (592 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Another CC scam

Hero

@Valkillerbaby; @proxos666

The change of GB allowance is quit tricky the GM has to set that very careful and safe on the right point, 

Guild Management in this Game can be a pain.

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (567 Views)

All Replies

@Valkillerbaby

If you attach a security key to the account you can get 100cc every month free.

As to the Guild Bank access of 3 times a week, I do know that the Guild Leader can set how many times a rank level can withdraw things from the guild bank.

Ie he may set the lowest level to 3 times a week , but the next rank up may get 10 times a week for example.

Maybe talk to the Guild Leader if the guild rank level you have is restricted to 3 with drawls a week.  

See the image below , the initiate rank is being restricted to 2 withdrawls per week for certain items

permissions.jpg

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 8 (572 Views)

★★ Novice

The security key can only be attached if you have one of those smart phones and are a sub. I'm currently not a sub and I've always switched between sub and pref. I've my own reasons for it the biggest being I do quit the game for x amount of time, when I come back I play as pref, if I find that I'll have time for more or am enjoying I sub. I neither have such a phone and I don't wanna have such a phone, nor am I gonna sub now. If you get scammed by someone would you go to the same people and give them more money?

It's not due to rank, my rank is quite high, and GM tried to up my credit allowance and item allowance before we found that no matter what he does I'm still restricted despite I payed for the unlock. Also about the credit unlock in the past it made sense they wouldn't let a pref stash credits in the GB in order to not go around the credit cap that they would get around through trading anyway, but now considering you can store credits in Legacy cargo, why the hell not be able to do that in GB? I see what you're trying to say, I'm grateful to receive a reply at all. Even if you were completely correct however the problem stays within that an expensive unlock for prefs' description is inaccurate to the point of being a complete lie. Fix the description and lower the price, because as it's stands now it's no different than being scammed. Is this a big rich company that keeps saying they value their customers or is this a gang on the street?

P.S.: I know that you, personally can't make any of that happen, I'm a dreamer however, hoping someone out there would ever stumble on this and avoid this same *, or maybe fix it.

Message 3 of 8 (560 Views)

@Valkillerbaby

I'll check if there is an imposed limitation for f2p/Preferred outside the Guild Leaders imposed restriction.

In regards to the security key , anyone sub or non-sub can attach one to their account, and you do not need a smart phone. If you happen to not have a smart phone, if on Win 10 you can use the Microsoft authenticator in the store and use as an app.

Or simply use WinAuth from this link , it can even be on a USB stick if portability is needed.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 8 (556 Views)

@Valkillerbaby

I have looked into the restrictions, acknowledge in regards to credits withdrawl cannot be done, other then that the only restrictions on item withdrawals are set by the guild leader

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 5 of 8 (550 Views)

Hero

@Valkillerbaby; @proxos666

The change of GB allowance is quit tricky the GM has to set that very careful and safe on the right point, 

Guild Management in this Game can be a pain.

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 6 of 8 (568 Views)

★★ Novice

Ye, maybe that's it he tried a few times, but it doesn't matter I don't really want to take things for GB, I was really disappointed I can't use flagship though... I thought they fixed that credit thing since they let you store credits in Legacy bank now, but no. Anyway Both of you, thank you for being polite and informative in helping me figure this out, it's been a headache. 600 CC I could've used for anything else useful, I really hate wasted opportunities, description should say mention it though. I can't get that back now, I still do want people to be aware that they won't really unlock GB truly and be able to store/take credits or use flagship summons.

Message 7 of 8 (523 Views)

★★ Novice
Ty for the suggestion, I've been playing on and off, so I spent most my time as pref, I sub when I'm sure I'd have the time and desire to play, but I had no idea I could do that with a program. Thanks!
Message 8 of 8 (522 Views)