Animation issues with certain units

by EinarThePillager

Original Post

Animation issues with certain units

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

There appears to be some animation issues with some of the units. These units are the MRLS, MG nest, tick tank, scarab and avatar. The first 4 were discovered in a custom match between my accounts EinarThePillager (#6pvpgvb2) and BarneyTheDino (#ffsxr8jv), with the most recent 2 matches between them. The glitch for the first four involves the unit ordered repeatedly to walk into an obstacle like a rock. The player would then select another unit, and the previous one is still bugging out. The MG nest walks in place (first replay between the two, at 1:05) and the MRLS doesn't deploy (2:00, also 1:10 on 2nd replay). The bug reverts when something moves within their range (like the militant at 2:10). The tick tank's animation error is different, it deploys without pirouetting. It occurs at 2:50. The scarab has something similar at the 2nd replay. It just simply crawls in place (0:30), but it still bugs out after attacking something. The last one belongs to my friend, xMaxuss (#wrs47y8t), who is xMaksuss in the forums. It was a crate challenge match, with an account named PhatA55. At 3:17, he managed to have his avatar step on a pitbull, and by 3:27, his avatar is walking in place. I can't seem to replicate it, but the avatar bugged out and is walking even if its supposed to stand still. These are just animation errors, and I would like the community to be informed, its not serious and there's no need to fix them as you have to deliberately break the unit's AI.

Message 1 of 3 (447 Views)

Re: Animation issues with certain units

EA Live QV Team

Hey @EinarThePillager thanks for sharing these! I was unable to reproduce any of this on my end either. If it occurs again, could I ask you to send me screenshots? Cheers!

Message 2 of 3 (411 Views)

Re: Animation issues with certain units

★★★★★ Guide

The first four is possible, but a little tedious. One has to repeatedly order the unit against a barrier they can't reach. Try having the unit next to the barrier and keep on clicking on the adjacent tile. It would then try its best to move closer, then its animation could get stuck. Not sure what happened to the last one. I still have to redo this to see if its still possible.

Message 3 of 3 (402 Views)