Re: Anakin Retribution stuck, can't use abilities, block or attack.

by Tertius

Original Post

Anakin Retribution stuck, can't use abilities, block or attack.

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug I was playing Anakin on Geonosis, was doing well until I used my retribution. I got stuck, with the icon saying "cancel" although I didn't use it. I could not block, attack or use other abilities. I was forced to jump and dodge away until I finally died. Quite annoying.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? zlDextahhh
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 27/05/19 - UK
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 18:43 - UK
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? check game history, or i can get a clip of it happening.
What happens when the bug occurs? i use retribution, get stuck, nothing happens. I can only run jump and dodge away. couldn't use other abilites either
What do you expect to see? Retribution working properly
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

i got a 43 kill game, one of my best despite the glitch Standard smile 

Message 1 of 13 (3,265 Views)

Hero

You sure it doesn't have something to do with the new (and revised multiple times) saber logic?

It thru me off for a while.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 2 of 13 (3,192 Views)

★★ Novice

What do you mean? My character was just glitched, the retribution effect didn't happen and i couldn't use abilities/block/attack. Trust me, I was mashing R2, L1 and R1 😂

Message 3 of 13 (3,187 Views)

Hero

Ah, I see.

Yes, same thing happening to me on PC.  Retribution shows a number and press to activate...2, 2, 2, 2, ... it either does not happen, or it does not impact the number of villains it should.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 4 of 13 (3,181 Views)

★★ Novice
yeah it's only happened to me this one time. i don't really get points quick enough in GA but if i do then someone already has Anakin, so you can see why it's annoying. hopefully it might just be a one of.
Message 5 of 13 (3,167 Views)

Hero

@zlDextahhh wrote:
yeah it's only happened to me this one time. i don't really get points quick enough in GA but if i do then someone already has Anakin, so you can see why it's annoying. hopefully it might just be a one of.

Unfortunately, it's not a one-off.  It happens quite a lot.

Message 6 of 13 (3,158 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It's a known bug, it has a previous report about it, but this forum is so active because of the sheer number of bugs, that we can't organize it. It was said to be fixed if I'm not mistaken, but it's obvious it wasn't. Heroic Might at least got a releasing method attached to the bug, so whenever you get stuck on it, you'll eventually get unstuck. But retribution may still need you to retrigger it to get free.

Using Retribution again removes the BUG state of not being able to do anything besides walking, dodging and using passionate strike.

Message 7 of 13 (3,110 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah I've accepted the fact we cannot do anything about it, apart from hopefully wish it changes/gets fixed in the June update

Message 8 of 13 (3,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@RogueZeroRendar wrote:

It's a known bug, it has a previous report about it, but this forum is so active because of the sheer number of bugs, that we can't organize it. It was said to be fixed if I'm not mistaken, but it's obvious it wasn't. Heroic Might at least got a releasing method attached to the bug, so whenever you get stuck on it, you'll eventually get unstuck. But retribution may still need you to retrigger it to get free.

Using Retribution again removes the BUG state of not being able to do anything besides walking, dodging and using passionate strike.

How exactly does that help? “Retribution: Anakin’s powers intensify whenever he and any nearby allies are attacked, building towards the ultimate punishment of a swift and inescapable grip seizing all enemies around him.” So the player needs remain in harm’s way without any method of defense until the Retribution charges up enough to release the bug? Care to test that let us know how that worked out for you?

Message 9 of 13 (3,065 Views)

retribution

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug during retribution I am force pulled by kylo, interrupts it and I can't block
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name?
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug?
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play
What happens when the bug occurs? stuff
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

I activated retribution and during it I was force pulled by kylo or something, landed elsewhere like usual and then I wasn't able to block. so I had lived long enough to activate that buggy …. and then got killed and retribution was basically pointless at saving me because I then was not able to block.

Message 10 of 13 (2,994 Views)