An unexpected error occurred while linking accounts

by xxodiack

Original Post

Accepted Solution

An unexpected error occurred while linking accounts

★ Novice

This is my last attempt to get help before i cut everything EA for the rest of my life.

Interlude:
I tried chatting with customer support numerous times allways getting cutoff and then i tried calling through the phone and they said they couldent do anything for me and they hung up on me. Then i tried using the help function through the actual game swgoh where everytime they declare that the solution was found even though they never solved anything for me and every goddamm time i recieve a reply its from a new person.

My problem:

I played on android for years and now i got an iphone 12 and whenever i try to use facebook link it says "an unexpected error occurred while linking account" my old appleid is deleted and so therefore i need it connected to my new appleid..

Before you ask all the questions i already answered:
I already tried selfservice doing the facebooklink

I am stuck right after logged on facebook and pressed continue, then it take me back ingame and there it pops op "an unexpected error occurred while linking accounts.

no i cannot fix it by troubleshooting.

My old game center account is deleted.

No game center or apple cannot help me in this.

this is my last attempt.. if you dont fix this i will have no choice but to stop playing the game and the most horrible customer service i experienced in my life will make me never play any of your games ever again and you will loose me to your rival: Marvel strike force.

Message 1 of 5 (1,272 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: An unexpected error occurred while linking accounts

Community Manager

Hey @xxodiack, sorry to hear this has been such a hassle to get your account moved over.

Just looking through the chats here, it seems your old android account was already moved, but that's been linked to the old Game Center account you're no longer able to access.

We would need to look into trying to get that link reverted so we can move that to your new Game Center account instead.

That is not something we're able to do via the forums, sorry. I'm afraid you would need to reach back out to an advisor to give this another shot.

You can find more information on how to reach them over at the EA Help website, or if you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,259 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @xxodiack, sorry to hear this has been such a hassle to get your account moved over.

Just looking through the chats here, it seems your old android account was already moved, but that's been linked to the old Game Center account you're no longer able to access.

We would need to look into trying to get that link reverted so we can move that to your new Game Center account instead.

That is not something we're able to do via the forums, sorry. I'm afraid you would need to reach back out to an advisor to give this another shot.

You can find more information on how to reach them over at the EA Help website, or if you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,260 Views)

★ Novice

What do you suggest now? I gave it a go and they gave me the selfservice link.. 2 different people and they don't look into the case.. worst customer service i have ever experienced

Message 3 of 5 (1,229 Views)

★ Novice

Rest of the screenshots

Message 4 of 5 (1,228 Views)

★ Novice

So after trying to figure out how to get my proof of purchase the correct way in terms of screenshots in the correct way and file. The help was closed again. ( See screenshot) again every reply was a different person.

I have used 3 weeks of this.. i cannot take it anymore. do something or me and my purchases are gone forever.

Message 5 of 5 (1,199 Views)