An issue with Sony WH-1000XM3

by MarloK66

Original Post

Accepted Solution

An issue with Sony WH-1000XM3

★★ Novice

The issue with my new Sony WH-1000XM3 headset. They are working perfectly fine when I sue them in Windows, listening to music, etc. But in the game, they don't work at all. I tried to choose them as default in Windows settings, make off enhancements, chose in game properties "+miles_channels 2" and left them as 7.1 - nothing was helpful. Neither microphone or sound itself works. I see people with the previous model of this headset faced a similar issue. Please, resolve the issue.

Message 1 of 6 (12,832 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: An issue with Sony WH-1000XM3

Champion

Heya,

Just a check: have you updated the headphone firmware?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/wireless-headphones-bluetooth-headphones/wh-1000xm3/downl...

How are the headphones connected to the PC?

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (12,817 Views)

All Replies

Champion

Heya,

Just a check: have you updated the headphone firmware?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/wireless-headphones-bluetooth-headphones/wh-1000xm3/downl...

How are the headphones connected to the PC?

Message 2 of 6 (12,818 Views)

★★ Novice

Didn't know about the firmware update. I will do this and check again.

I tried to connect over Bluetooth and jack cable - didn't work both ways.

Message 3 of 6 (12,803 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Usually PC's dont have a 4 pin jack connection only two seperate jacks, one for audio and mic.

If you still get the issue while using bluetooth let me know what bluetooth device your using and we can check from there.

Message 4 of 6 (12,795 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok, looks like firmware update helped. Now I hear properly in the game. However, I am not sure if the mic works. It shows that I speak but nobody hears me. I asked several times different teammates and no one seems to hear me. I checked in-game settings and tried lower sensitivity. As well I tried both open mic and mic-on-demand (I mean when you push the button). Any ideas?

Message 5 of 6 (12,753 Views)

Champion

Press the Win key, type sound and open sound settings.

Click sound control panel to the right.

Click the recording tab and make sure it has the correct recording device selected with a green tick.

(there is a input indicator next to the recording icon, speak through your mic to check it is working)

Once all applied check your settings again in game and try it out.

Message 6 of 6 (12,744 Views)