Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

An error has occurred and you are no longer in sync with the game session

by NathanTheLegend

Original Post

Re: An error has occurred and you are no longer in sync with the game session

★★★★ Novice

Still happening after the latest patch.
It's getting a bit boring!
Always happens after a yellow card or after a tackle that was supposed to be a yellow.

Message 11 of 48 (1,662 Views)

★★ Novice

Same for me, everytime a team mate gets a yellow card I get this error. Frown

Hope that this will be getting fixed. I mean we pay for this game and then randomly people cannot play it because of this bug.

Message 12 of 48 (1,645 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm getting this problem too. There are many many people getting this error. I need to persuade the bellends to post on here so something actually happens.

Message 13 of 48 (1,639 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've had this issue as well. Seems stupid that after all of this time with the countless issues with Pro Clubs and the only thing they've bothered to change is tactics for drop-ins!

Message 14 of 48 (1,617 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can we get any feedback here @EA_Cade  ? 
More and more people are getting this error. 
We have tried everything! From reformating our PCs to completely changing our routers and stuff like that. 
This is defo a you problem! 

If this were a FUT Problem it would have been fixed after 1 day max! 

Message 15 of 48 (1,583 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Verify that your network is stable enough to play FIFA 21, read more about it here.

Message 16 of 48 (1,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

https://gyazo.com/acf33c7cecdf5e0c4de60a8f20083123
Thats just a picture of the error.

Its happened twice after a free kick has been taken for me, about 3-4 seconds after it has been taken I get the error. Both occasions I believe were within shooting distance so they get the aim reticule for free kick.

I'll try remember what happens before I lose sync. I don't remember a yellow card happening as other people have said. I've seen yellow cards and not been out of sync.

For me I get the error once every 3 games. I can't play for my team because its too much of a risk if I go out of sync Frown.

Edit: Just googled the error and its happened in a few previous fifas for Clubs. WE'RE DOOMED TILL NEXT FIFA

Message 17 of 48 (1,522 Views)

★★ Novice

Game developer just ignores hard Angel

Message 18 of 48 (1,502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Ok found the solution to the problem.

I am using a Ryzen 3900x which has 12 cores and 24 threads.

When I lower the number of active CPU threads to below 20 I no longer get the sync error. Since I lowered it below 20 I haven't had the error in 40 games.

System configuration - Boot - Advanced options - Number of processors

Once you apply the settings however you have to restart your computer. To increase the number of cores back to its original value you have to untick the "number of processors" box and apply and then restart the computer again. You then have to go back in and tick the box and apply the max CPU processors again.

Very annoying and would be lovely if this problem was fixed. I don't really understand why this solves the problem but there you go.

@EA_Cade 

Message 19 of 48 (1,374 Views)

★★ Novice

If you go into task manger while fifa is open click the detail tab. Then find fifa21.exe right click and set affinity you can tell how many threads just fifa willl use. Then you wont have to change it every time and reboot. Thank you for your information I also have a 3900x and was getting random desync. Hope this helps you out

Message 20 of 48 (1,325 Views)
Twitter Stream

ea-dualentitle-promo-splash

Upgrade to a next gen console

Have a physical game disc for FIFA 21 but bought a discless console? Use our webform.

View more on EA Help

fifa21-promo2

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help