Re: Allow to disable 'limit fps when in background'

by Havix1_Hello

Original Post

Allow to disable 'limit fps when in background'

★★ Novice

I want to be able to tab out while streaming and not have my game go to 15 - 20 fps. That is all. There is no option for this which is kind of a massive oversight, since it's enabled by default.

Message 1 of 7 (2,826 Views)

Community Manager

@Havix1_Hello 

Do you get low FPS if you switch to a different screen setting and tab out? (Borderless or Window?)

Do you have Origin In-game disabled in your Origin client's Application Settings.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 7 (2,804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sorry I didn't respond to this faster I don't go on here much. No my FPS is perfectly fine. The problem is that Apex Legends has 'limit background fps', which is a common option in the settings for most games, on by default and you cannot change it in the in game settings. I have the origin app disabled because it's really annoying but it happened before i disabled it as well.

@EA_Blueberry 

edit: I am on borderless windowed/

Message 3 of 7 (2,790 Views)

★ Novice

hey is this solved yet?

Message 4 of 7 (2,403 Views)

Community Manager
@OGKingThug Not that I'm aware of, at least it wasn't publicly mentioned in patch notes.
Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 7 (2,387 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I would also appreciate if this option was added. I use two monitors and I find it very distracting to see the video become so stuttery whenever I'm doing something on my second monitor

Message 6 of 7 (2,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

PLEASE fix this. It's been driving me absolutely insane and I'm 100% sure that every single apex streamer is tired of people asking why the stream looks like a literal SLIDE-SHOW when a streamer is tabbed-out, which happens pretty damn often considering the software we have to manage while we're live. There's SO many BASIC settings like this that are completely non-existent in Apex, but exists in just about every other modern FPS game to date.. Please.... SOMEONE DO SOMETHING Standard smile Off the top of my head I could list a few more BASIC settings that Apex has been desperately needing since launch... Audio Input/Output settings?? Ability to select the type of output device we're using in order to get accurate audio (headphones, speakers, tv, etc.) 

Ability to adjust Safe-Zone??? (literally one of the most basic graphic options any game offers, so basic that almost every game I've ever played actually FORCES you to set the safe-zone before you can even play the game for the first time. That one bothers me a lot more than it should, but the fact that we can't adjust our HUD and put it on the edges of the screen where it belongs is absolutely baffling to me and always will be LOL. Lets talk about number values in the main settings.. Why can't we set our sensitivities/FOV to an ODD number without it automatically changing the visual-value to an EVEN one, without "actually" changing the setting? If I set my FOV to 105, play a game, and then check my settings after the game, the FOV will be "106" or sometimes "104", which leads you to believe that your FOV isn't correct, even though it never *actually* changed in the .CFG file. Same thing goes for sensitivity multipliers. You want 1.37 sensitivity? Cool, set it up and then check your sens again after playing a single game, and it'll say "1.4" LOL. Such a insane oversight, like pretty much everything else (especially graphic settings) and I shouldn't even get STARTED on that.. but GEEZE.. what a sh*t show. Half of the graphic settings make practically no visual difference and I'm convinced that most of them are only there as filler in order to create the image of a more complex graphic system (which is still extremely barebones compared to most modern shooters) Texture Filtering, Ansio-filtering, Ambient Occlusion, and Anti-Aliasing are the only settings that make an impactful difference on visuals/performance. Anti-Aliasing though.. YIKES. What modern FPS game includes not only just ONE anti-aliasing option, but one of the MOST performance hindering AA methods possible, and ALSO one of the most blurred AA options out there. Tanks FPS AND blurs everything to high hell..

What a great setting! Honestly it's worse than normal shimmering/aliasing and it's not even close, really. It's like Respawn never heard of FXAA+. Another baffling oversight. Apex is really known as one of the least optimized AAA titles out right now and it SUCKS. I love this game, and that's why these oversights bother me so much more than it would a casual player with 50 hours played compared to my 4,000+.. I could probably write a short book on their ridiculous oversights but I'll stop after this, so let us adjust backround FPS, give us REAL audio settings, allow us to adjust safezone, FIX the damn sensitivity/FOV "even value numbers only" BS. Maybe let us go into firing range without waiting for a queue to fill up?? Or let us activate the LIVE dummies in firing range without doing a weird easter egg? Maybe allow us to select our top 3 favorite legends so the game doesn't auto-select us to Caustic(exStandard smile when we're AFK, which usually leads to people leaving the game? I mean, you let us select favorite legend skins, loading screens, music packs, gun skins, etc. So I know it would be easy. Allow us to put the game in fullscreen-exclusive via the menu like every other FPS game.

Just.. please do something to make this game better. Literally any of QOL changes I listed would be welcomed with open arms by the Apex community, and I know that as a fact after talking to the online apex community for the last two years on multiple different platforms. There's so many more oversights that need changing/fixing but can we PLEASE start with the basics of an FPS game.. Please. It's been too long and I'm tired of having to create unique work arounds for issues that ONLY exist in apex because devs think they're not "high priority" enough. Respawn NEEDS to get it's priorities straight..

The servers and audio have been the two biggest issues since launch and neither of them are any better than they were AT launch. Audio is a meme at this point and it seems like the community is becoming desensitized to the neglect that the devs have shown towards the issue. People say things like "thats just typical apex" and just accept it with defeat in their hearts. I couldn't count how many times I've heard someone say something along the lines of "I would literally PAY for an audio DLC" ... That's just sad to me... *shrugs*

EA_Blueberry: Fixed the wall of text by adding paragraphs

Message 7 of 7 (2,093 Views)