Aiming stutter after moving - Makes combat feel choppy. Effects ALL PLATFORMS!

by Parabolee

Original Post

Aiming stutter after moving - Makes combat feel choppy. Effects ALL PLATFORMS!

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Super Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Aiming stutter after moving - Feels like FPS drop and effects all platforms!
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region North America
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service? Verizon FIOS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While weapon is drawn move Ryder forward and then stop moving, immediately move the right stick to look around. Instead of a smooth movement the view movement will stutter. It happens when trying to "look around" while Ryder is in the transitioning from moving to standing animation.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? GTX 1080
Please enter memory size in GB. 16

This animation bug really interferes with how smooth the combat in the game feels. Seems like a HUGE issue that many will not even realise it is happening but it has the net effect of making the combat feel choppy and a "bit off". Should be an easy fix, hope it is fixed soon because the combat is great otherwise.

While it feels like the games FPS are dropping I 100% believe it is caused by the animation. Most likely related to tying the camera to Ryder's movement.

I have tried this on PC and PS4, it seems much worse on PS4 but I believe that is because of the lower framerate.

I believe this is why many people think the performance of the game is bad when it is not. I have tried running the game at the lowest settings and 720p with my GTX 1080 and this still happens. It's not performance or FPS related.

Message 1 of 21 (5,724 Views)

Re: Aiming stutter after moving - Makes combat feel choppy. Effects ALL PLATFORM

★ Novice
Also occurs during my gameplay. Am using gtx1080 with latest driver. During trial with previous driver does not occur.
Message 2 of 21 (5,663 Views)

Re: Aiming stutter after moving - Makes combat feel choppy. Effects ALL PLATFORM

★★★ Apprentice
Xbox One drops down to zero FPS for 3 seconds the first time player aims down sights.

Unacceptable.
Message 3 of 21 (5,652 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

UPDATE:

Turns out it does not effect the mouse?!? So maybe not animation related. VERY ODD!

Message 4 of 21 (5,570 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, playing the PC version with a controller is a nightmare. Patch 1.05 did not fix this issue.

Message 5 of 21 (5,517 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Damn. I had a feeling it would not since somehow most people don't seem to notice this. Which is insane to me!

I have taken to not looking unless i am moving, lol. 

Also since it does not effect the mouse I tried just mapping the right stick to the mouse with Steam with the controller mapping. Fixes the issue but it causes so much inconvenience in other areas where stick input is different to mouse I gave up.

Hope 1.06 fixes this! There is hope, there was a similar issue in Fallout 4 that took them about 4 months to patch!!!

Message 6 of 21 (5,510 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After patch 1.06 the problem is still there Frown

Message 7 of 21 (5,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

While you are scanning (using a controller )  if you look around fast, the stutters (bad frame pacing, not fps related)  appears as well. There is an obvious bug with controllers on PC, dont know about Ps4 or Xbox One

Message 8 of 21 (5,322 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

OH FFS!

This is unacceptable! Out of all the embarrassingly bad bugs in this game, this is the worst and should be the easiest to fix. Not to mention then highest priority. Because while many players may not THINK they notice it or recognize it as an issue; they will feel and/or see the stutter and probably think it is a framerate issue. And fixing it would vastly improve how smooth the game feels in combat.

VERY VERY disappointed about this.

Message 9 of 21 (5,317 Views)

★ Novice

I completely agree with this post. This is terribly unacceptable. I think that it has something to do with the acceleration and controls as much as video/graphics options. Either way it's still unacceptable. I have to admit however, I have been able to play on ultra settings with mouse and keyboard at a solid 60 and not have this problem come up. Still, I would rather play on a game pad (or at least have the option).. This should have been patched already. Here's hoping they get around to it. 

Message 10 of 21 (5,204 Views)