Re: Ahh! I'm playing Anthem on a NUC with a DirectX issue?

by Manachinov

Original Post

Ahh! I'm playing Anthem on a NUC with a DirectX issue?

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm pretty old too be messing the computer company up, in the worst way.

So I just performed a system restore for my Windows 8.1 Industry Embedded Pro operating system.

The problem was the Anthem origin installation and all of it's packages.

My netsvc did not work correctly for some reason. I was unable to use network discovery. I could do worse and it may be a few bad shutdowns corrupting something, I wasn't paying attention until I noticed the problem.

I noticed in the system restore the mentioned DirectX installation along with the game.

I lost the game but the PC is in fact intact.

It's huge. 80 GB.

What should I do? Reinstall regardless? And hope for the best. Or maybe update DirectX afterwards? I am pretty sure that DirectX is fly.

Message 1 of 4 (847 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Manachinov wrote:

I'm pretty old too be messing the computer company up, in the worst way.

So I just performed a system restore for my Windows 8.1 Industry Embedded Pro operating system.

The problem was the Anthem origin installation and all of it's packages.

My netsvc did not work correctly for some reason. I was unable to use network discovery. I could do worse and it may be a few bad shutdowns corrupting something, I wasn't paying attention until I noticed the problem.

I noticed in the system restore the mentioned DirectX installation along with the game.

I lost the game but the PC is in fact intact.

It's huge. 80 GB.

What should I do? Reinstall regardless? And hope for the best. Or maybe update DirectX afterwards? I am pretty sure that DirectX is fly.

Well, actually the system recovery did not erase the files fully. And it appears that origin was able to repair. I still have the game. Still. The problem with DirectX would be a helpful queb.

Message 2 of 4 (829 Views)

Community Manager

@Manachinov 

Posting the exact DirectX error you are seeing here will be most helpful, thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 4 (797 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm not a developer.

I don't have any DirectX error codes.

It's not the game problem. I was able to start the game just fine.

The problem was that the installation was messing up my computer. It has to do with the Anthem minimum system requirements which ask to agree to the third party package software. The C+ and the Directx. It has to do with programs installed on the PC. And for the most part I already have that installed.

I found all the errors in the event log. The svchost would shutdown and I get no network discovery services. The OS troubleshooting just suggested adding network discovery to Firewall rule.

Message 4 of 4 (785 Views)