Re: After 80 hours I'm now getting constant stuttering

by gAAngi_SK

Original Post

After 80 hours I'm now getting constant stuttering

★ Novice

After 80 hours of playing Apex Legends I've started getting CONSTANT stuttering.  I reinstalled, disabled origin overlay and made sure all drivers were up-to-date.  I've spent some time looking into "fixes" but to no avail.  Please help me out with this.

Message 1 of 10 (537 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @L3G1T777

Could the stutter you are seeing actually be lag due to a connection issue?

Best thing to do is grab me a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system and we will take it from there: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (515 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 3 of 10 (504 Views)

★ Novice

I don't know if it's from my connection or not.  I ran a speedtest last night with 8ms response time and 75up/8down.  Here's the dxdiag.  Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 10 (487 Views)

Message 5 of 10 (484 Views)

★ Pro
I have a 1050ti but i'm currently on driver 399.24.. I've tried the newer drivers but i somehow revert back to that one

Things that could ease the stuttering:
-disable windows defender
-right click on origin process and set it to low priority (task manager->details) you need to do this everytime you start up origin
-perform clean boot:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
-In nvidia control panel set "Maximum prerendered frames" to value 1
-Perform regular Trim clean up (windows defrag but it's for ssd)
-Set all power management in performance mode (check nvidia also windows energy)
-Performing an ALT+F4 (clean restart) before gaming
Message 6 of 10 (474 Views)

★ Novice
I'll try what you said here and post the results. It doesn't make sense to me that after playing this game for 80+ hours it starts doing this.
Message 7 of 10 (468 Views)

Community Manager

Looking at your DxDiag @L3G1T777 and I can see that you have been having issues with the MS program CompatTelRunner.exe. This is a program that allows Windows to download, install and look for updates for your system and can use up quite a lot of CPU usage. Next time you see the issue with stuttering would you mind checking your task manager to see if the program is using up a lot of resources or if  it has crashed?

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (453 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Darko I don't see anything names CompatTelRunner.exe.  I've checked multiple times including while the game was running.

Message 9 of 10 (424 Views)

Community Manager

That's a little odd @L3G1T777. Can you check your task scheduler to see when and if it is running, you can do this by:

• Press Windows key and R at the same time, then type in taskschd.msc and hit Enter
  • On the right side of the pane, expand: Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Application Experience

Let me know what you see there.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (378 Views)