Re: After 1.1 my fps went from 90+ to 45 avg

by EA_Atic

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

THIS GAME IS KILLING MY BRAIN CELLS... I know I have already commented on this thread more than I should, but can someone explain to me why I suddenly lost 20 more fps ... not only did I settle for 60 fps after the 1.1 update and somehow played a couple of hours, but now I boot the game and I find that I lost another 20 frames ?!?!?, I have 39 fps in the main menu, I have not had any change to my settings, software, hardware ... nothing, what even is this game ?!? why does the game's performance keep degrading over time for no reason, can someone please explain to me?!?.

Message 261 of 410 (1,003 Views)

★★★ Novice

I dont know either - i can only suggest that some software combination with changes done with 1.1 is messing things up.

Eg some shader effect with some skin is causing certain software and hardware configurations to develop a memory leak.

Ive done various setting BF2042 config changes, nvidia driver versions, origin and shader cache deletions, windows updates, etc.

I think ive fixed it and then out of nowhere after finshing a certain round(can be 1 could be 10) the framerate just drops 50 percetn or worse and wont fix til restart.

Dice need to really fix this as a priority. Im pretty sure its not a local issue with our hardware.

Message 262 of 410 (989 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@m0rph97_TN it happened to me also. Yesterday  I opened game and at menu was around 35fps. Also this huge fps drops happening all rounds end at operators show scenes. It drops around 20fps. Maybe game engine has conscious anymore it decided how it works and when it want to work or rest xD

Message 263 of 410 (988 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@FantasyFiR3 This gave me a good laugh, this engine is sentient now xD, is this the google AI sentient network in the news? It punishes us with low frames? Hahaha
Message 264 of 410 (974 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey guys, i maybe ((MAYBE)) found a solution for this :D what i did was unninstall my gpu driver with DDU and reinstall the same driver after, but i have checked the option (RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULTS)

I don't know why. its sounds like bull****, but it woks.

sorry for my bad english

Message 265 of 410 (959 Views)

★★★ Novice

I would wait a while before proclaiming victory - it can seem to be fixed and then rear its head later.

BTW, what driver version did you end up using?

Message 266 of 410 (941 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

i have the same issue after the first round and the outstanding operator show off the performance drops for the whole session and it influence also the whole system (as long BF2042 is running)

I watch some streams or videos on my second monitor while I’m gaming and it was never an issue.

But since 1.1.0 and when the mentioned performance drop kicks in the video begins to stutter till a point that it freezes and you only hear the audio. It only refreshes for a short time when you die and respawn.

Maybe it is kind of memory leak which they accidentally featured with the new patch ^^

For me it is annoying that this bug influences my whole system

My Specs:

I7-10700

32GB Ram

RTX 2070

Win11

Settings:

1080p

Ultra-Settings

VSync on

RTX off

DLLS off (On or of makes no difference with this bug!)

Message 267 of 410 (887 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Thanks for sharing! @DjRespeito,

No new updates from me but the team are actively looking at performance issues since the 1.1 updates and thanks everyone for sharing workarounds and information.

Marking this as solved to highlight the team is aware of the issue and is being investigated by us.

/Atic

Message 268 of 410 (3,223 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_Atic

The Alt TAB is an issue too, The game doesn't keep its settings 

eg I'm testing Medium Preset on a Ryzen 1700-3700X - 16GB dual Channel memory -  single  GTX 1070 1080P at 60HZ VSync ON. 

Profile settings are included in the attached text file ( take note these are without the key bindings!!! )

Many here won't believe it but the game is nearly all of the time rocksteady at 60FPS with 64 player. VRam usage is +/-4GB according the drawgraph

But when I press ALT TAB to go eg quickly to the desktop I come back and I see 90FPS ????? Like what happened?

Also when I close the game I fire it up again it always takes the native resolution of my screen even though I saved 1080P setting it goes to 4K by itself...

Now since most users plagued by battlefield in general are AMD users, maybe this could help a bit

If I take my 5950X as an example; my ASUS Crosshair board sets on AUTO 1.45VCore voltage, this makes the CPU already over 50°C in Bios

AUTO.jpg

If you manually set eg 1.3Vcore this drops temps to 36°C in the bios , okay the CPU might not boosts as high but it remains stable at lower clocks without any thermal issues.

1.3.jpg

Most features are disabled too in Origin

origin.png

Message 269 of 410 (657 Views)

★★ Guide

Is there going to be a fix for this anytime soon! The stuttering is crazy and the fps dips indoors are unbearable I go from 70-80fps down to 40 on Rtx 3080 and Intel i712700 and ddr5 ram.

thanks

Message 270 of 410 (497 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help