Re: Adaptive Resolution FPS Target - FPS Target Needs To Be Increased

by BLK_Goloith

Original Post

Adaptive Resolution FPS Target - FPS Target Needs To Be Increased

★★★★ Novice

Hello Devs,

Thanks for including Adaptive Resolution FPS Target options in the settings. However, I noticed that that the game only goes up to 100 FPS despite using a 120 Hz monitor. To be having that extra 20 FPS at 120 FPS would really make the experience amazing. Please fix this!

Thank you!

Message 1 of 18 (13,932 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I'd like a 144hz option personally. It's really unheard to not have at least that in a modern game/engine.
Message 2 of 18 (13,726 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its really weird, I just don't know why they decided that 100 FPS was the magic number

Message 3 of 18 (13,686 Views)

★ Novice
Why don’t you just set it to 0 and you won’t have a cap
Message 4 of 18 (13,674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Set vsync to adaptive and FPS target to zero. It caps to your monitors refresh rate. 

Message 5 of 18 (13,667 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I want to use to use it, not ignore it

Message 6 of 18 (13,649 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That isn't what I want. I want to use it, but it only goes up to 100 FPS. If i set it to zero I get worse FPS.

Message 7 of 18 (13,646 Views)

★★ Novice

vsync usually causes input lag. Is there a way to increase fps cap without using any vsync? My monitor is g-sync and i never use vsync.

Message 8 of 18 (13,564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

ExtremeEcks I have a theory: While playing Apex with vsync off, and adaptive resolution FPS target set to 100, I noticed my FPS hitting the very low 90s, while Windows task manager was showing my CPU hitting a high of 82% utilization.  If the target were allowed to hit 144, then that would represent a 54 FPS increase (from 90 to 144), which would be a 60% FPS boost, and an corresponding CPU utilization increase.  I "suspect" that they don't want people to experience the resulting stuttering that would come with such a high CPU utilization.

specs

Ryzen 5 2600 / 16 GB DDR4 RAM / Intel 660p 512GB NVMe / GTX 1060 6GB / AOC G2590FX 1080p, 144 Hz, FreeSync, G-Sync compatible

Message 9 of 18 (12,002 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Message 10 of 18 (11,979 Views)