Active Controller Issue

by Philliesgreat08

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Active Controller Issue

★★ Novice

So i've pre loaded madden and everything the game boots up just fine until I get to the main menu and it continually prompts me to set an active controller. I'm using a ps4 controller with Ds4Windows which has worked just fine with every other game that i've needed a controller for on PC, but this continues to happen making it impossible to even get off the main menu. Is there a fix for this issue?

Message 1 of 18 (19,363 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Active Controller Issue

★★★★ Novice

Maybe try InputMapper for now? I bought an Xbox one controller for my PC because I figured this would happen.

View in thread

Message 3 of 18 (21,270 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I'd also like to see PS4 button prompts instead of just Xbox ones.

Message 2 of 18 (19,270 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Maybe try InputMapper for now? I bought an Xbox one controller for my PC because I figured this would happen.

Message 3 of 18 (21,271 Views)

★ Guide

I've got a similar issue, but it's my Thrustmaster Throttle that's constantly trying to take over the primary controller duty.. 

I'm just going to have to unplug it when i play madden for now.. It shouldn't be this way..

Message 4 of 18 (19,233 Views)

PS4 Controller mapped incorrectly

★★★ Newbie

Whenever I get into Madden 19, using my PS4 controller (without any other programs) all of the buttons are mapped completely wrong and is all over the place. However, when I tried using DS4 windows and Input mapper I get stuck at the main menu trying to set an active controller. No matter what I try doing to set an active controller the prompt it keeps popping up, and the buttons are still not mapped correctly.  

Message 5 of 18 (19,222 Views)

Re: PS4 Controller mapped incorrectly

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue (Active Controller popup any time I do anything with controller) except I'm using an XBox One controller.

The same controller works fine on my laptop, but the game is unplayable with the controller on my desktop. Frown

Message 6 of 18 (19,201 Views)

★★★★ Novice
  • Close Madden and Origin
  • Go to DS4Windows - Settings
  • Enable "Hide DS4 Controller"
  • Open Madden

This worked for me

Message 7 of 18 (19,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem with Xbox one controller. 

Message 8 of 18 (18,987 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem xbox one elite controller.

Message 9 of 18 (18,975 Views)

★ Apprentice

So I found this out too when I couldn't get my controller to work in Battlefield. In order to get a ps4 controller to work on Origin, add your Origin application to Steam, then open up 'Big Picture Mode' and start origin through that, and then the controller will be recognized as an Xbox Controller.

Message 10 of 18 (18,919 Views)