Activation UI in task manager, but Star Wars won't launch...

by GreatMightyPoo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Activation UI in task manager, but Star Wars won't launch...

★★★ Novice

I stopped playing for a while. I've got high hopes to get a season pass under the christmass tree but now Star Wars Battlefront won't run anymore.

My drivers are up to date and I re-installed Origin and the full game.

I can see activation UI in the task manager, but the game never start... Frown

Message 1 of 6 (2,163 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Activation UI in task manager, but Star Wars won't launch...

★★★ Novice

Clean boot did the trick ^^

One of my startup process was messing with the game.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,917 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Clean boot did the trick ^^

One of my startup process was messing with the game.

Message 2 of 6 (2,918 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, thanks for the update post, sorry for not getting to this earlier. Can I ask what the conflicting process was? Hopefully it'll help in future. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 6 (2,110 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, can You please tell me which process it was, because I'm having the same trouble with Battlefront and Battlefront II and I don't know what to do ;_; I've missed several challenges and rewards by now and I'm just frustrated

Message 4 of 6 (1,638 Views)

★★ Novice
P.S. This is our family pc so I'm kinda reluctant to do clean boots
Message 5 of 6 (1,637 Views)

Clean boot is a single time selective boot, that doesn't boot many programs and only does essential ones.  Once you are done with the test and reboot, it goes back to normal everyday bootup, it doesn't make any long term changes, so there is no risk doing one, and is often an important step in determining if the issue is cross program interference or something else.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 6 (1,623 Views)