Account reset? All of my progress is gone.

by 8BitWolves

Original Post

Account reset? All of my progress is gone.

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, I recently reinstalled Apex legends and I was wanting to play it, but I ran into a really big problem that is very big turn off. Basically this is the story. I log into my origin account after not playing APEX for almost a year. I go to my library and Apex legends isnt there, so I go to the store and download it. What I noticed is that it said I had zero playtime and zero achievements. I finish downloading the game thinking that it may be a display error  and I need to launch the game. I load up the game and boom, level 1 account and I need to do the tutorial again. I don't know what to do and this is very unfortunate. Last year when the game came out I played like crazy. I had lvl 100 in a week and a half and had over 2k kills on wraith and about 1k on bloodhound. I spent money and everything too. Unfortunately all of that investment is lost. I tried to check my other emails but I don't seem to have origin accounts with them.

Platform: PC 

Message 1 of 8 (637 Views)

Re: Account reset? All of my progress is gone.

Community Manager

Hey @8BitWolves

Are you sure that you've logged into Origin with the same account you were using in the past? Is it possible that you might have been logging in with a different email address when you were playing before? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 8 (575 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Kent happend to me today as well, says i have zero friends
Message 3 of 8 (569 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don' think so. I've tried to log in with my other email but it never worked. I then tried to reset password using that other email but never got the email to reset my password. I then tried to create and account using this other email and it would let me, it didn't say it was invalid.

Message 4 of 8 (557 Views)

Community Manager

Hmm, I see. 

When you have the chance I think it would be best to reach out to the EA Help team so they can pull up your account and see if they can spot any issues. For more details on how you can set up a case with them check out the EA Help website

If you prefer you could also speak with them via Twitter or Facebook as well. The team on those channels should also be able to pull up your account as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 8 (522 Views)

★ Guide
@8BitWolves just clear your cache, worked for me
Message 6 of 8 (474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have problem with progress reset

Xbox séries s

IB Bali

Message 7 of 8 (277 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @IBBali,

Typically we'll see this happen when another platform (Xbox) has been unlinked from the EA Account. 

Re-linking the original account should clear this up, however if you're unable to do so or are still running into trouble please reach out to support so they can have a look. 

This thread is quite old so it's being locked here to avoid additional necroposting, thanks.

Mako.png
Message 8 of 8 (265 Views)