Account or client banned

by GypsyDangerzz

Original Post

Account or client banned

★★ Novice

Hello,

First of all, I haven`t played Apex Legends since probably October last year, today I saw the trailer for Revenant and thought this was my time to get back in the game.

Started Origin, did all the updates for the client and the game. 

Then started the game, first time after it showed me to click to get in the menu it didn`t load and showed a weird error in the down left corner of the screen, as any common person I restarted the game. This time it got in, showed me some Twitch prime news, I tabbed the game and proceeded tot unlock whatever prime loot I had, pulled the game back from tab and exited the game then got back in the game to get the prime reward. All fine I said!

Then I took Octane and proceeded to play a ranked match and got that amazing "Banned" message.

I didn`t even get an email regarding this since the email from this account I use for other games too.

What did I do wrong? Can I fix this?

Message 1 of 5 (361 Views)

Re: Account or client banned

★★ Novice
@GypsyDangerzz I also sent this to the ToS team since I saw there were others with the same issue and being guided there. I just hope it can be fixed, I just care about the hours spent there before I stopped playing.
Message 2 of 5 (351 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @GypsyDangerzz

If you've already reached out to the Terms of Service team that's all you need to do for now. They will review your account and follow up with you via email as soon as they can. Unfortunately an account ban isn't something that we're able to investigate here on Answers HQ. Only the Terms of Service team can look into something like that. 

Keep an eye out for a reply from them at your email, and they'll follow up with you as soon as they can. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 5 (294 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Hello,
Thanks for the reply. Still no resolution or response from them, but I hope it will turn out ok. It`s funny that the email regarding the ban landed this morning at 10 AM and I posted this issue with the ban and saying I got no email yesterday. It stated that i used hacks or exploited bugs, if only it were true so atleast I didn`t abandon the game while stuck in low silver with an average of 2 kills per game...
Message 4 of 5 (278 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Hello again, the case from the ToS team got marked as resolved, but they told me nothing, no info, nothing, all I got was a mail with "thank you for using our bla bla" wich most definitelly was an automated reply. No human interaction, no info on why and how I got banned for hacks I never used and yes I am writing here because it`s the most likely to get a reply or human interaction regarding a pretty big issue that got brushed away. I can`t verify if I can still play the game because I am at work. So 8 hours of waiting untill I can log in, to try my luck and see if that banned thing is still there or not. It would have been amazing to know why and how my issue got resolved, but the case page there shows literally no useful info or details, only the case number and "resolved".
Message 5 of 5 (228 Views)