Re: Account lost

by JSchlapp

Original Post

Account lost

★★ Novice

One of my officers has a new android device. He connected his swgoh account with his Google account.

Unfortunately he is not able to restore the swgoh account on his new android device with the same Google accaount

He contacted support but they are not able to help because a transfer from android to android is not possible.

But his problem is not transfering his account ( like iOS to android) he wants to use his google connected swoh account on his new phone.

Hope you know what I mean.

Hopefully someone can help

Thanks

Message 1 of 7 (748 Views)

Hi, @JSchlapp 

Did he link his account to google play? Very important he links it manually, the linking doesn't happen automatically as far as I know.

Message 2 of 7 (683 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi @DarkBanishing 

Thank you for your answer.

Yes it was linked, but it doesn't work. In the past it worked.

Meanwhile he received an answer that they will copy the data if his old account to the new one...

Unfortunately they closed the ticket instantly and did nothing... :/

Message 3 of 7 (676 Views)

★ Novice

Hi @JSchlapp 

I've got a similar issue with mine. Are you saying that they can copy game data and instate it? The reason why I ask is that I think I need to uninstall and reinstall but I will loose my data and EA say that if I do this they can't help.

Message 4 of 7 (619 Views)

That's odd. If a player logs into the Google Play Store with the same google account on a new device, it should load up the same account. Player account information is stored on the EA servers and just downloaded to your device when you connect to the internet.

However, if there is concern about losing accounts, copy your PlayerID and your Ally Code, install swgoh on the new device, and contact customer support if you can't get the original account to load up on the new one. sometimes they can force the device to accept the other profile. (is my understanding)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@m_c_randal952 

As long the Account is connected with the Google account all should be fine. I changed my device a few times and never had problems.
They told my Officer that they can do it, it's only data pushing in a few tables.  But until now they done nothing.

Message 6 of 7 (597 Views)

★★ Novice

@GladOS-013  thats right i never had such problems. 

Unfortunately my office issn't able to play since 2 Weeks. And Support don't make anything.

As the mentioned want to puch the Data of his old playerid to the new one. 

But nothing happend until now.

Message 7 of 7 (596 Views)