Account hacked and then banned

by HotSammiches

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account hacked and then banned

★★ Novice

Long story short: I logged in to find my account had been banned. I followed the contact procedure here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts, and I IMMEDIATELY got an email back saying it had been fully reviewed and rejected for cheating. In the text I spelled out what had happened and hoped someone would look into it to see that it definitely wasn't me doing it. It appears Respawn's/EA's approach is to just ban me and move on with nothing I can do to recover my account.

I downloaded my EA data through myaccount.ea.com hoping it would have login data but it doesn't. So that was a dead end.

Are there any steps I can take to recover my account or do I just have to accept that Respawn and EA decided to let a hacker ruin my account?

Thanks

Longer version: I've been struggling to lift my KDR to 1:1 throughout season 5, and so I've been checking my season stats very regularly. One day earlier this week I logged in and noticed it was above 1:1. I assumed there was a sync issue because sometimes I'll log in from my work PC to play. Then when I started up the game I noticed my keybindings were reset to defaults and my character skins weren't the ones I selected. I again assumed it was a sync issue when logging in from a different PC. There were two separate times this happened with the skins and keybindings.

Then this morning I tried to hop in a game and found out it had been banned. Then I went to look around the account and noticed Pathfinder had the 4k damage badge (which is WAY outside my skills as a player) and knew what had happened.

It's frustrating that hackers already ruin the game for people who play it and it's INFURIATING that they could basically destroy my account and there may be nothing I can do about it. My stats weren't anything special but they were mine. I didn't have all the things unlocked but what was unlocked was mine. I bought battle passes to seasons 2 and 3 not because I wanted the stuff but because I enjoy the game and wanted to put some money into it for the developers. I'm really hoping this isn't a dead end too because I want to keep playing but I don't know if I want to start over with a new account. Someone please take a look at where the logins happened - that alone should tell the story: hundreds of logins from my geographic area and (I'm assuming) a couple from somewhere else. And those logins from somewhere else would be the sessions where the cheating happened.

Message 1 of 5 (524 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account hacked and then banned

★★ Novice

So I got my account unbanned. The trick here:

When creating an issue at help.ea.com, choose the "Hacked Account" option.

That is the one where they will actually look at the login data. Once I did this I was able to speak to someone on the phone and they could see suspicious activity. After ensuring my account was secured (password reset, enable login verification) she was able to unban my account and I was able to play right away. She was super helpful and nice.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (429 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
@HotSammiches Same has happened to my partner on Thursday, EA don’t seem to care though. I wish everyone would boycott them until they realise they need us, we are the customer, and we shouldn’t get treated like this. My partner is a victim, it’s a joke!!
Message 2 of 5 (456 Views)

★★ Novice

So I got my account unbanned. The trick here:

When creating an issue at help.ea.com, choose the "Hacked Account" option.

That is the one where they will actually look at the login data. Once I did this I was able to speak to someone on the phone and they could see suspicious activity. After ensuring my account was secured (password reset, enable login verification) she was able to unban my account and I was able to play right away. She was super helpful and nice.

Message 3 of 5 (430 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@HotSammiches i got the same problem now dude~ Someone used all my apex coin and blue essence....super frustrating right now
Message 4 of 5 (294 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@HotSammiches An advisor helped me to recover my account but the team still banning me! I have no idea why i cant speak to someone but only can live chat with the advisor.I waited for 3 months!
Message 5 of 5 (188 Views)