Account e-mail permanently deleted

by johnnygunman

Original Post

Account e-mail permanently deleted

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I have the same problem a lot of users have been reporting recently, in that the old email on my swtor account is no longer accessible.

I have called Customer Service four times but all they tell me is that without access to that email there is nothing that can be done.

Today I went to the bank and got a print out of my transaction history from the time I was a subscriber, perhaps that could help verify my identity?

Message 1 of 16 (1,198 Views)

Re: Account e-mail permanently deleted

Hero

@johnnygunman 

Is your EA account set to a new email or using the one you don't have access to?  If it's the old one try updating it.  If your EA and Swtor account are linked, updating one affects the other.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 16 (1,190 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks,

But alas updating my email on my EA account does not affect my swtor account.

Message 3 of 16 (1,172 Views)

Hero

@johnnygunman 

Have you tried to re-create your email account that you used to have?  Also if it was with like Gmail, you can try to contact them to recover it or recreate it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 4 of 16 (1,143 Views)

★★★ Novice

As a security measure Gmail does not restore old accounts.

The address can never be restored or remade.

I can verify that I am the owner of the swtor account by numerous other means though.

Message 5 of 16 (1,133 Views)

★★★ Novice

yes we are both in the same boat here johnny I proved I owned the account to ea and they let me change my email and got back into my account but swtor refuse to listen to any of it.. when we try to contact swtor customer support they redirect us back here to EA which EA have done there bit updating my email for me. even if we had an email to contact swtor would be greatly helpful but I keep getting told to phone the customer helpline and it is them who are refusing to help me they basically told me if you have lost your email you have lost your swtor account. I think this comes down to the free to play aspect they are making more money through the cartel market they don't care about loyal paying subscribers anymore. im going to try and contact EA again through email if we keep getting redirected here by swtor.com for support surely then EA can get us back into our game accounts.

Denys.

Message 6 of 16 (1,122 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@denys79 This is complete bs if this is the case.. I just posted the same problem and noticed others were in the same boat as me.. Stupid gmx email is deleted and unrecoverable and tied to my main account.. I have all the login credentials and even the 3 security answers.. why are they sending an email code if I have all this info?
Message 7 of 16 (1,079 Views)

★★★ Novice
@vaalix ive been going round in circles since Thursday evening I even mentioned my security questions but he didn't care all he kept saying was if you cant access your locked email I cant help you. the only thing he helped me with was cancelling my subscription which was a HUGE slap in face for the loyalty ive shown this game over the years.

denys
Message 8 of 16 (1,038 Views)

★★★ Novice

@denys79 

Damn, so no progress on getting your account back?

Are you saying you had an active sub but they still wouldn't let you verify you are the owner of the account???

That goes beyond ridiculous.

Message 9 of 16 (1,025 Views)

★★★ Novice
@johnnygunman it turned out to be the person i was speaking to who didnt really want to help. last night i got my account back through talking to a different cs rep who was very helpful. took about 25 mins to go through all the security stuff so dont give up on it like i nearly did keep trying.

denys.
Message 10 of 16 (1,019 Views)