Account compromised lead my account to get banned?

by iihoriizonii

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account compromised lead my account to get banned?

★★★ Novice

Hello everyone and first off I have to give kudos to EA support for taking a whole 2 days to say "No" about my case on my account. First of all, the chat logs say that "I" on a day I haven't even played Apex Legends because the servers were too laggy and I also had work to do, have said R words in chat and being annoying in general, I don't use chat either, I only use voice chat or not any at all. I have stated my take on my account getting hacked through Steam. My Origin/EA account is linked to my Steam account, Steam detected multiple unknown log ins or whatever it was I don't remember, I changed my password and all that good stuff, but then realized I can't on Origin, I wasn't surprised because it's Origin. Then I tried launching Apex tomorrow and found out I got a ban for no reason. They've recently e-mailed me this too: "We no longer monitor this email address and we want to make sure you get the help you need." Just to say this - I am Level 330-ish with the $170 Heirloom on my account and ~10 Legendary skins. I've had fun playing the game and I'm disappointed it was the last day, unless someone at EA support actually can read and not send in auto reply bots copy pasting messages.

Message 1 of 21 (547 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account compromised lead my account to get banned?

Community Manager

Hi there, @iihoriizonii.

We can't help with banned accounts through Answers HQ. I see you've submitted a couple disputes with Terms of Service. You can have your account reviewed up to 3 times so you're welcome to submit another. As far as your Steam account being hacked goes, be sure to provide these details in the dispute case so ToS can consider it during their investigation.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 21 (527 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @iihoriizonii.

We can't help with banned accounts through Answers HQ. I see you've submitted a couple disputes with Terms of Service. You can have your account reviewed up to 3 times so you're welcome to submit another. As far as your Steam account being hacked goes, be sure to provide these details in the dispute case so ToS can consider it during their investigation.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 21 (528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_AljoI've been emailed the email address isn't monitored anymore

Message 3 of 21 (518 Views)

Community Manager

@iihoriizonii 

Please follow the instructions in the link I sent. You can submit a dispute that way.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 21 (513 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same thing happened to me last night. My account has been hacked for some time this season apparently. I'm a casual player since S1, skipping some seasons here and there.  I haven't played since July. I quit when, you know, hackers were shutting down servers and the game was unplayable. I only log in nowadays to collect my twitch prime skins. I got an email this morning about being banned at almost 4 am and had to laugh. I knew something wasn't right because I was asleep at that time and haven't played in a long time. I checked my KD for this season and obviously someone hacked my account and is using hacks. This sucks because judging by all the stuff I'm reading about the poor support with these very situations, i can pretty much kiss all the money and time I did spend on Apex goodbye, and it seems like there's a lot of us this is happening to.

Message 5 of 21 (503 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo I don't see any links in your first reply.
Message 6 of 21 (481 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Swampski My ban came in very early time of day too at 5am, I don't wake up until 8-9am on weekends or when I'm free.
Message 7 of 21 (480 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've received another email and they are stating the ban was correct... How does that make any sense?

Message 8 of 21 (479 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Okay I found the website again, I copy pasted the post I have made on EA Answers HQ, how much do you wanna bet they're still going to send the same exact e-mail that they already did.
Message 9 of 21 (472 Views)

Community Manager

@iihoriizonii @Swampski 

Sorry about that. Here's a link to information on banned accounts. They will give you the same answer if their investigation doesn't turn up any evidence the ban was made by mistake.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 21 (458 Views)