Account beign hacked and lost all game progress

by bigmilkheads

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account beign hacked and lost all game progress

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone,

So this is what happened to me recently. A few days ago when I try to log in to my account on PC origin, I found that I could not use my password. Then I went ahead and reset my password, and when I am finally logged in, I found that my user name has been modified and my game library was emptied. I used to have 7 games include apex legends, battlefield 1 and 4, titanfall 2, etc. I immediately realize that my account has been hacked. Then I quickly hopped to the steam platform to check my apex progress since I thought I have to redownload apex in origin. When I log in through steam, everything is fine. I am still level 500 and all my progress is still there. However, 2 days after when I tried to log in again. All my progress was wiped. I suddenly became a level 1 with all the legend locked. (except for the default ones) 

Then I went to EA help and created a case. I have joined 3 live chats and all I got was three bot-like agents who repeat the same thing again and again. All they told me was to secure my account and whenever I asked about my progress in-game, they were just ignoring it or saying the system shows my accounts only have 2 games. When I asked how to contact EA through phone, they reminded me there is a call button in the case that I created; however, there is only a live chat session. 

For my account, the only platform that I linked my account to was steam. I did not unlink it. Also, all my friends still see my original account from the friend list. When they open my profile, they can still view my budgets and stuff. Also, inside the club, I can still see the achievement I made 2 weeks ago. I also carry the email receipt from buying apex coin for my battle passes for this specific account. I feel as if my account progress is linked to somewhere else or my account is unable to access my content somehow. 

I am very upset now since I have put in thousands of hours in this game and I enjoyed the game very much. Now that this has happened, I am not sure if I will go back to Apex anymore. Now when I saw content creators posted their videos on youtube, I feel sad. 

Message 1 of 4 (541 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account beign hacked and lost all game progress

Community Manager

Hi @bigmilkheads 

We would be unable to assist with account-related issues on Answers HQ, I would recommend looking for any information that may be tied to your EA Account and reaching out to an advisor for them to look into this further. 

Once you make a case it will show you the currently available methods to speak to someone (either chat, phone, or email). These options may change based on different factors. 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (520 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @bigmilkheads 

We would be unable to assist with account-related issues on Answers HQ, I would recommend looking for any information that may be tied to your EA Account and reaching out to an advisor for them to look into this further. 

Once you make a case it will show you the currently available methods to speak to someone (either chat, phone, or email). These options may change based on different factors. 

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (521 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi @EA_Illium 

I have contacted the advisor, he said there is nothing he can do, and my account look just fine. The advice he gave me was to play the game from level 1 again. I am pretty disappointed. Now I found there is some local game file in my origin folder. Are there anyway I can connect my account with those data? 

Message 3 of 4 (513 Views)

★ Novice

i had same issue and same answears from Ea , at this point im playing on a new account and got my diamond rank for the first time , it now motivates me to play the game again even tho i lost 1k hours , yeah it shame i cant have my account back but yeah Ea is just  a joke company that milks money from devs  and cant even go account data and change to how it was before , even if u have evidence that your account is lvl 1 they wont do it cuz they lazy .

Message 4 of 4 (383 Views)