Account banned on Apex Legends

by xblodreinax

Original Post

Account banned on Apex Legends

★★ Novice

So I just logged in and realized my account was different from where I left it, my level had increased by 7, my stats changed, my apex coins were spent, I found that weird but I didn't even care, but now I realized that my account is banned, everytime I try to play a game a error pops up saying I got banned. Can anyone help? I did nothing, I spend some money on this game not to mention the 700h+ playing it and now my account is banned because I asume someone hacked into it, that is totally not my fault.

Message 1 of 6 (556 Views)

Re: Account banned on Apex Legends

Community Manager

@xblodreinax 

If you feel you have been incorrectly banned, you can dispute any action against your EA account by following the steps in this article:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (543 Views)

★★★ Novice
@xblodreinax Same here, EA are an absolute joke!! I’ve appealed and they said it was justified. I’ve never cheated or done anything wrong. And the TOS team are an absolute joke as well. Got all this information in front of them showing my IP address, showing my stats etc yet ignore it all and claim that I’ve cheated. Bone idle, money grabbing, vile company. I’m so angry.
Message 3 of 6 (471 Views)

★★ Novice

So I have provided specific time frames and a following course of action to help EA figure out that my account was hacked. I personally do not understand why would someone hack an account of a free game, but it seems it's spreading. 

All you get in a reply to your thicket is the rules form, which are basically common sense. 

One of the rules stated there goes like this:

"

Don’t hack other players' accounts

It might seem like a no-brainer but accessing another player’s account is totally and completely against the rules.

"

Yeah, no brainer EA, we are being punished for the action of someone else which you are either incapable or do not care to ID.

I'm all down for making a better community here and ban all cheaters, but it also makes sense to admit when you make a mistake and help fixing it. Looks like account hacks are a problem as bad as cheating if not worse.

"It might seem like a no-brainer" to help out the people (a.k.a Accounts) that have been victim of your own rule break.

Message 4 of 6 (423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Barry , I followed your instructions and this is the only reply I got

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the action that was taken on your account.

The action pertains to the following violation:
Promote, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or virtual currency/items
After thoroughly investigating your account and concern, we found that your account was actioned correctly and will not remove this sanction from your account.

Thank you,
EA Terms of Service

As you can see by the other replies on my post I am not the only one with this problem, does this seem right to you? I have played the game almost since lauch almost every single day, I have spent money on your game, and this is the kind of support I get? I get punished, not being allowed to play for having my account hacked?!? How is this my fault?!? 

Message 5 of 6 (399 Views)

★★ Novice

well one week as passed and no other repply from EA support, I guess they marked my problem as "solved"

If you are reading this in the future because the same thing happened to you, don't bother asking for help to EA support, they won't bother.

Thanks EA for punishing me for having my account stolen, thanks to this I can finally save up my money instead of spending it with you.

Message 6 of 6 (327 Views)