Re: Friend's account banned - no Help from EA

by BohemianCuck

Original Post

Account banned due to Payment failure, no appeal

★★ Novice

To whom it may concern,

I recently got an email telling me I was permanently banned without an explanation, upon calling customer support I find out it was due to a payment failure. I knew what the payment failure was (me attempting to buy cartel coins but having my card rejected for an unknown reason) I called my bank and confirmed that no charges had actually gone through.

I was told by the customer service rep that my issue would be escalated and that I should receive another email regarding the issue to assist me.

Upon receiving this email I was told I had to call CS if I am having account issues. It was outside calling hours so I would have to wait until this afternoon to call them, but before I could I got an email telling me my dispute i had already made had been denied.

The failed payments were not fraudulent and i confirmed I owned the account and the payments were in fact me yet I was still banned for what I assume was a belief the attempt was fradulent as that is the only possible rule I see in the codes of conduct.

I know my account was completely safe and not hacked, and no one was trying to phish my account or use my payment info, and would just like to get the situation resolved as quickly as possible, I would be happy with any response or discussion that may be opened and am willing to be completely cooperative with whoever it may take.

Username: _Fangz_

Ticket: #33961254

Message 3 of 7 (815 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Kat 

Recently I got permanently banned from SWTOR for an apparent payment failure. when I called support I did confirm I made the purchases after verifying my account with the support staff who was extremely helpful and polite. He told me my issue would be escalated, however the email I received just told me that if I had an issue all I could do was call support. It was currently out of opening times so I couldn't call them. Before I got the chance to call customer support again I got a return email from the bandisputes email telling me they believed their reasoning was just and valid. I know that the payment issues were caused because the website wouldn't load my debit card to buy cartel coins, and I verified both my ownership of the account and that I attempted the purchases myself over the phone, yet it doesn't appear my issue was actually escalated like I was told it would be. I am confused as to why I did not get the opportunity to verify my account ownership like OP's friend. I would appreciate any response and possible resolve. should I call customer support again or am I unable to solve the issue now?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 7 (832 Views)

@BohemianCuck 

unfortunately cant offer much help , your best option at this stage is to email account disputes and see if they can lift the ban, if they dont , there is not much point calling as phone support can not assist with TOS violations 

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 7 (814 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I have already emailed disputes and they outright denied my dispute without any attempt to validate my ownership of the account or whether the purchase was actually fraudulent. I really will do anything to get my account unbanned, as I know I did not break any TOS as the failed payment wasn't any attempt at fraudulent activity or anything of the sorts.

Message 4 of 7 (812 Views)

@BohemianCuck 

Ok it appears you will need to call swtor to get this resolved, i would ascertain why the payment failures occurred so it doesn't re-occur if it was my card.

I can say there was no billing errors on that day , and swtor does not ban accounts for payment failures, EA and swtor however do not muck around with about chargebacks.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 5 of 7 (793 Views)

★★ Novice

It is strange, as I have seen people mention problems with chargebacks, however, I know that no activity related to SWTOR was seen on my card around this time, however I appreciate the reply and I will make sure to call CS again, do you have any further advice as to what I should say to the customer service rep, perhaps other than my support ticket? Thank you again

Message 6 of 7 (789 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

That is incorrect, they do ban accounts for payment failures. "We have now completed our investigation into your query and upon review of your case, we can see that your account was disabled due to a transaction blocked for security reasons."

And as a bonus if they restore your account they'll steal anything you've purchased recently even if it was a successful payment through a legitimately purchased gift card.

Message 7 of 7 (740 Views)