Re: Account and "online features"

by chutzler

Original Post

Account and "online features"

★★★ Newbie

I don't know where to go from here, not even sure if this topic belongs here, but I didn't see a dedicated board for ea accounts. 

I purchased Madden 20 but I haven't used my EA account in a number of years. Either I don't remember the password, or it's expired. I stupidly used my internet provider for email those years ago and have since switched providers so I don't have access to the email address anymore. As it was so long ago (I think the last EA game I purchased was Tiger woods 2016, but really don't remember to be honest. Apparently my EA account is somehow tied to my Xbox Live ID as I'm prompted to enter my account on the Xbox when playing Madden, it tells me I already have an account with the old email address but no password I try works so I'm unable to access any of the online features of the game I payed for! I tried contacting support and even sent a copy of my drivers license to prove my identity to no avail. They just say "We couldn’t grant access to this account based on the info you shared. We can only verify the account using the info that was given to us when the account was set up.". Since I don't remember any details about the old account they can't help me.

I would be perfectly happy to simply abandon the old account as there was nothing in there that I miss (obviously) and nothing of any real value to me -I never bought anything via the account to lose anyway that I can recall. I just need to somehow get the account unlinked from my Xbox live ID so I can create a new one. Am I really stuck not being able to access the online features of this (rather expensive) game? Is there any way to resolve this in ANY way (again, I don't even care if I access the old account, I just need to be able to unlink it from xbox live somehow).

And BTW, you guys need to change the timeout on the web contact form. It timed out while typing everything into the boxes repeatedly, the only way I was able to get it to finally submit at all was to copy/paste my answers, and I didn't even have "time" to do that with all of the fields. I had to choose which ones to answer just to be able to submit the stupid form.

Message 1 of 3 (195 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@chutzler Im having the same problem an account I've never even heard of
Message 2 of 3 (174 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yup, it's absolutely ridiculous that because of an account created years ago and never used for anything cannot be at the very least unlinked from my XBL account. Basically, they're telling me that because I can't remember details from several years ago (account creation date, etc) that I will never again be able to fully access an EA game. At least they made my decision easy for me as I see no need to every purchase a game in the future that I cannot fully utilize...And they act like they wonder why people choose to just pirate games. Heck, if one can't use the online features anyway, there's no reason to buy the game (I don't have time for pirating just as I don't have time for this nonsense either, I don't NEED this crap). The only bad thing is that my daughter wanted The Sims for her birthday...I have to explain to her that she can't get it because EA won't let me buy it.

Message 3 of 3 (170 Views)