Account Recovery

by wilhud74

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account Recovery

★★ Novice

I have attempted numerous chats with various reps to try and find out if there is a way to recover my account. I have been told to submit a message here for guidance from one of the community managers in order to get info on the steps i need to have it resolved.

i had an account on my ios device and on android. Mostly used android but the account was originally setup via gamecenter on my iphone. I decided to start a new game on my iphone to re-play the early level content again. My account was loaded on facebook so i thought it would be safe to remove from gamecenter.

after removing and creating a new account, my old account is now inaccessible and no longer in the facebook account or in the game center account. Ive read in the forums how many people have successfully recovered their accounts in this scenario by contacting help chat in game

first of all, in game help chat is very slow. They only respond once every hour and a half or so. They also on give one sentence responses when they do reply. After asking for help multiple times the reps seem to think i did a request to be forgotten. I have never done this and i have never even seen how to do this, nor have i received the confirmation email that i have now learned gets sent when this happens.

the chat online through help.ea.com is much better. Both reps i have spoken to are extremely helpful and have tried their best to help me try to recover the account. However, both have had issues locating the account even though it is easily accessible to view in game, in our guild and also on swgoh.gg. So the account is definitely there and i was told the reps would be able to clone the account and restore it to my device if they could get access to it.

so i am requesting guidance on how to best get this resolved. I have spent hours today trying to get support help only to find dead ends. So if you could please guide me to the proper channels for getting the account re-added to my device, it would be much appreciated.

thanks,

wil

Message 1 of 5 (1,353 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account Recovery

Community Manager

Hi there, @wilhud74 

Unfortunately, we're not able to help with this through answers HQ. It would be best to contact an advisor again. Please try messaging @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll give this another look. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,295 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @wilhud74 

Unfortunately, we're not able to help with this through answers HQ. It would be best to contact an advisor again. Please try messaging @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll give this another look. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have been informed that the account is not  retrievable at all because once it was deleted, it somehow got put into rtbf mode which it some privacy thing requesting a users right to be forgotten and therefore your support staff have no means of recovering the account.

this is a horrible practice in my opinion. It gives no room for error at all. Your support staff can never recover an account if this is now the default whenever something gets deleted. I could understand if the request was made, but i never requested the rtbf.

if this were just a standard throwaway game then it might make sense, but when you have players who have spent 5 years building up a collection, it seems extremely short sighted to allow those accounts to be wiped completely from the game never to be brought back.

And to add insult to injury, the account is fully there, totally viewable and sitting in guild but with zero access possible from your support staff. Its very mind boggling that anyone in your staff thinks this is a good process to apply to deleted accounts.

im still holding out hope someone may be able to figure out a fix, but sadly i dont think there are any obi wan kenobis on staff at EA.

Message 3 of 5 (1,250 Views)

Community Manager

@wilhud74 

Unfortunately, if there was an RTBF request made, there's nothing we can do about that. I understand you say this wasn't requested though. The best I can advise is to try contacting support again. This is an issue we can't help with through Answers HQ.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,231 Views)

★ Novice

Ran across your post and was curious to know if you were ever able to recover your account. I had a similar problem yesterday and EA Help has told me that the account is unrecoverable yet it’s still in the guild. If you have had any luck getting your account back please let me know how.

Message 5 of 5 (946 Views)