Account Recovery E-Mail

by Slinglocker

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account Recovery E-Mail

★★★ Newbie

Account Recovery IMPOSSIBLE

I am attempting to regain access to my SWTOR account, yet even after contacting Customer Service several times, I'm told that recovery of my account is not possible. 

This is in fact the case not because I violated Terms of Service or anything untoward like that, but because I could not verify ownership of a GMail account which has since been deactivated.  I provided the e-mail address to the Customer Service representative and explained the reason I'm calling in the first place - because I no longer have access to that GMail account, simply wanted to change the e-mail address on file and would gladly provide any proof of account ownership to them that I could. 

After being told to contact Google in order to regain access to my account, Google responded with the attached e-mail, further enforcing my claim that access to that GMail address was not possible now or ever again. 

The Customer Service representative I spoke with made it clear to me that without access to that GMail address, it would be impossible to verify my identity, and thus, nothing could be done to help me.  Attached in addition to my e-mail response from Google, is an original picture taken with my phone of my Character Select Screen containing information verifiable to the account in question - I've also included a picture I took just a few moments ago where you can clearly see the same monitor, speakers, keyboard, and even the same desk. 

Anything else that anyone from EA needs in order to verify my identity other than an inaccessible e-mail address is at their disposal upon request.  Please contact me and please make this right.

Message 1 of 7 (2,650 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account Recovery E-Mail

EA SWTOR Team

@Slinglocker 

I'm sorry to hear that you can't recover your account, unfortunately CS has very specific parameters they're allowed to check, and they wouldn't be able to assist if the answers they get don't match what's on the account. I know this isn't helpful, but for the security of every account, the policy is extremely strict. 

You might want to try to recover your account through EA. As your SWTOR account is tied to an Origin account, there might be a way for EA support to help. Don't mention SWTOR when you contact them as they might tell you to contact SWTOR instead. Tell them you wish to recover the Origin account that is tied to that email you can't recover from Google. If that works, when the email is changed on EA, it might be changed on SWTOR. If it isn't, SWTOR support will then be able to help through the email on the EA account.

I hope you'll manage to get it back this way.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (2,526 Views)

All Replies

EA SWTOR Team

@Slinglocker 

I'm sorry to hear that you can't recover your account, unfortunately CS has very specific parameters they're allowed to check, and they wouldn't be able to assist if the answers they get don't match what's on the account. I know this isn't helpful, but for the security of every account, the policy is extremely strict. 

You might want to try to recover your account through EA. As your SWTOR account is tied to an Origin account, there might be a way for EA support to help. Don't mention SWTOR when you contact them as they might tell you to contact SWTOR instead. Tell them you wish to recover the Origin account that is tied to that email you can't recover from Google. If that works, when the email is changed on EA, it might be changed on SWTOR. If it isn't, SWTOR support will then be able to help through the email on the EA account.

I hope you'll manage to get it back this way.

Message 2 of 7 (2,527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, Slinglocker here.  As you can see, I've managed to log in to my Origin account using the e-mail address and information on file.  I am currently unable to change the e-mail address or add a secondary e-mail address without a verification code.  Aside from this forum, is there any other way to contact EA support directly to update this information?

*EDIT* I was able to update the e-mail on file to an accessible e-mail address.  I will keep you updated on my progress.

*EDIT 2* - I was able to get in contact with an EA representative via web ticket and am currently awaiting their review and e-mail response.

*FINAL EDIT* - I've been restored!  Thank you to everyone who helped with their comments and suggestions.  I'm beyond elated to be back in business!  See you all in game!

Message 3 of 7 (2,505 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

@Keypawn 

Fantastic news! Thanks for letting us know, and I hope you'll have a lot of fun with your old characters! 

Message 4 of 7 (2,391 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue, hopefully I can get the exact same outcome.

I tried SWTOR CS but they just told me that without access to the email they couldn't do anything.

So I'm currently waiting on EA, to see if they can change the email associated with the account.

Message 5 of 7 (2,145 Views)

★★ Novice

Dear sir, my sincerely thanks to you.

Message 6 of 7 (2,047 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've assumed control of my origin account but am still unable to access the game.

The email isn't updating on the swtor end, and swtor CS insist there is absolutely nothing they can do if I cannot access the old gmail account that is no longer possible to access.

Message 7 of 7 (2,034 Views)