Account Question

by Mizrahi001

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Account Question

★★★ Novice

Why can't I get my account reopened if I'm willing to payback for the chargebacks? No one seems to be able to answer the question, or justify their action as to keeping it closed as I repeatedly proposed this solution.

Message 1 of 4 (692 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Account Question

EA SWTOR Team

@Mizrahi001 It is not about paying back the amount, as the damage is already done to the company. Every chargeback costs us money as well and that is why there is a zero tolerance with these kind of things. 

With that in mind, your account will stay closed and can not be opened again. 

~Kat

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (836 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@Mizrahi001

While I can only make a guess I don't think any of the forum admins would be able to provide a specific reason.  It's something I've seen multiple threads on but the decision for this probably comes from way above their level.  My only guess is that since some who commit fraud use charge backs as a means to commit that fraud, rather then assume someone is or is not committing fraud is to generally treat it the same across the board when a charge back occurs.  Again that is just my opinion or guess on that one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 4 (679 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

@Mizrahi001 It is not about paying back the amount, as the damage is already done to the company. Every chargeback costs us money as well and that is why there is a zero tolerance with these kind of things. 

With that in mind, your account will stay closed and can not be opened again. 

~Kat

Message 3 of 4 (837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_KatSorry for replying late, I was on vacation. I was charged with over $1,000 with things I didn't remember purchasing. Of course I'm going to issue charge backs, I was robbed. Also I'm willing to pay for the damage I have caused. If my memory is correct, this is my first mistake here and I'm willing to fix it.

Message 4 of 4 (560 Views)