Re: Account Issue

by proxos666

Original Post

Account Issue

★★★★ Novice

Alright so I'm going to try to be as nice about this as I can. For well over half a year, I've had problems with SWTOR letting me log in. Numerous times it forces me to reset my password. It's not a simple issue where I don't know my password. I know what it is. I even reset it to what I was just typing and it will work fine for exactly 24 hours. Past that 24 hour period, it continuously says "login failed" and the only way I can get around it is to reset my password. I've called multiple times about the issue and all I keep being told is to reset my password despite describing the issue word for word. It doesn't matter how many times I reset my password. I even added a security key because one person I spoke to advised that it would fix the issue and it "would never happen again", which was nothing but a lie. Despite trying to get through to anyone via the support phone number, I can't seem to get anyone to understand my issue. I've actually quit subscribing to the game and playing at this point because I'm tired of time being eaten up constantly resetting my password. To top it off, it sometimes takes days for me to get a reset link. At one point, I had well over 3 months of a subscription and I couldn't even log in. I'm not sure if anyone here can help me or not.

Message 1 of 15 (595 Views)

[ Edited ]

@pierayttt 

Not sure if anyone has mentioned but the linked origin password if different will take precedence and will usually occur within 24 hours if you change the password on swtor

edit - just to be clear the password on the account will become the password of the linked origin account

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 15 (591 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have had that mentioned before and the passwords are the exact same. I'm on hold with support right now and I'm being told my account isn't even my account. Which is infuriating as I'm literally logged into it on the website right now.

Message 3 of 15 (577 Views)

@pierayttt 

This EA/Origin account your on now may not be the linked account, if that is the case hopefully they can identify that for you

see this article https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-account-linked/

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 15 (574 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That's what I'm currently having a headache over. I've been using the exact same EA account since The Sims 3 came out. I signed up with that account for SWTOR too. But now I'm being told I've got two EA account and to contact EA Support over this, which, I've already done before. Like I said, I've been dealing with this for over a year and it's beginning to frustrate me beyond belief. I was told by EA support that they can't do much about this because it's a SWTOR issue and they don't communicate and I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs being told to go back and forth. It's like a teetertotter that never ends.

Message 5 of 15 (568 Views)

@pierayttt 

At the end of the day this is EA issue, you just need to gain access and change the password on the EA account linked to the swtor account.

Swtor CS cant assist with access to an EA account, I can flag this for review to see if AHQ can assist with this further.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 15 (563 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Which is what's giving me an even bigger headache. I just got told the EA account that was linked to my SWTOR originally is now under a different email. This just gets more and more confusing. The thing is, the password for the EA account that should be linked to SWTOR is the same password as SWTOR but, according to SWTOR support, that's not the same email.

I would appreciate if you can flag this because I keep being shifted back and forth between support teams and no one seems to understand what's going on.

Message 7 of 15 (561 Views)

@pierayttt 

Have flagged it here and it is very clear (least to me what is occurring) 

solution though is you need to login into that associated EA account and change the password to one you want on swtor that will stop the daily reset as it is currently changing to a password that is not what you are expecting.

hopefully this can be sorted but initial questions least from my perspective is has that EA account be hacked or is the email just one you no longer use anymore, or is the password one you no longer use now.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 8 of 15 (546 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That's the problem is that they won't tell me what EA account is connected. To my knowledge, I only have one EA account and I've been using the same one for multiple years as I've already explained. They're telling me that the SWTOR account was created under another EA account which is what doesn't make sense to me what so ever.

Message 9 of 15 (544 Views)

@pierayttt 

it isnt odd if say it created a EA account as mentioned in the help guide, it maybe that one was created maybe one from a throwaway email and you since updated the email on the swtor account to match the EA account you use normally

Yes. If you did not already have an EA Account tied to the email address you used to create your Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ account, then one was created automatically for you as part of the registration process.

Anyways the only people that can assist are EA as you and i can guess all day, only they can see behind the scenes, may just need to be patient as they have policy and procedures to follow for privacy and security of all account, its finding the pathway through what they can do to help rather then what they cant do now (if that makes sense)

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 10 of 15 (535 Views)