Accidentally bought resistance pack through pop-up ad

by Angeldusthomes

Original Post

Accidentally bought resistance pack through pop-up ad

★ Novice

Accidentally clicked Resistance pack banner when I’d had ipad set down and ad had popped up - with no password confirmation required, of course accidentally  bought it. After nearly an hour chatting with support was told they could not do anything about it. Guildie suggested opening a forum thread to find help.

Message 1 of 6 (416 Views)

Re: Accidentally bought resistance pack through pop-up ad

Community Manager

Hi @Angeldusthomes,

I'm sorry. I'm afraid for purchases or refund requests there's little we can do from the forums. To check if your eligible for a refund, you would need to link in with the relevant support team. That team will be different depending on what device you play from and when you made the purchase. I'll break it down below: 

• iPad/iPhone: Please get in touch with Apple regarding the purchase. 
  • Android: The time-frame determines who you contact:
    • If you made your purchase in the last 48 hours, contact Google Play.
    • If it’s been more than 48 hours, then you would contact us

I'm not sure which one is the right support team for you right now as you've not mentioned when you made the purchase but you'll know yourself when you made the purchase. Standard smile Use the breakdown above to determine which team to connect with and from there they will assess if you are eligible for a refund with them.  

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 6 (367 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Lanna Unfortunately the problem is it was a crystal purchase, which was why it was possible in the first place - there is no password protection possible, and when the entire base game page is taken over by a random popup with a much larger purchase button than cancel button, accidents like this are going to happen. This was weeks of saving crystals for me - I don’t know what else to do.
Message 3 of 6 (351 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Angeldusthomes,

Sure, it takes time to gather crystals. The options you have are shared above in my earlier message. After that there isn't anything else I can add to help.

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 6 (346 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Lanna I think I see what you’re implying - thanks Wink - at least Apple can offer some consumer protections! Chargeback here I come!!!
Message 5 of 6 (332 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Angeldusthomes,

Please don't misunderstand. A refund is one thing and if you're entitled to it under Apple's refund criteria, then that's great and I'll be happy you could get sorted.

However a chargeback is a whole other kettle of fish! Please know that chargebacks are designed to protect consumers from fraudulent charges. A chargeback for a product you've purchased and received as a result will break the T&C of the game, likely resulting in your account being banned. I do not recommend this course of action. 

- EA_Lanna

Message 6 of 6 (322 Views)