Accidental Purchases - Nothing EA can do?

by RevolverUNC

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Accidental Purchases - Nothing EA can do?

★ Novice

Brief Background:  I am a relatively new player who's really been enjoying the game thus far and have even purchased a couple of the "Starter" packs.  I apologize if this issue has been resolved in other threads, but I was specifically advised to post here, so here it goes:

This morning, while attempting to collect the "free" bronzium card, I inadvertently clicked on some other bundle instead.  I don't even know what the bundle was, but it awarded some shards and an Imperial Super Commando character.  The cost was approximately 1,600 crystals, which was nearly my entire stash.  Realizing what happened, I immediately contacted EA Customer Service via phone.  I explained the situation and expected them to simply refund the crystals and take back the shards/character.  Much to my surprise, the EA rep said she couldn't do anything and that I would need to post here for a "game developer" to respond.

This can't be true, right?  I've played many other mobile games and they've all been able to offer refunds under similar circumstances.  Obviously EA can add crystals to an account because you can buy crystals directly.  Reading other threads, it appears there were other times when EA has withdrawn shards, etc. because of bugs or glitches.  Thus, it doesn't seem to be an issue of functionality.

I understand EA would be reluctant to offer refunds after a reasonable time has passed and the player has already taken advantage of the purchase.  However, in my case I closed the game immediately, called right away, and haven't played the game since.  It's hard to find any reason why they wouldn't offer a refund in this scenario other than poor customer service.

Even if the error was on the customer's end, it's a fixable one.  I'm also surprised that there was no confirmation dialogue when making the purchase, as this would have allowed me to cancel the transaction.  I also think it's a bit sneaky/cheap to put the free bronzium card at the very end of the store, forcing the player to scroll through every other "real" purchase and thereby needlessly increasing the chance of an accidental buy.

Regardless, I am posting here in an effort to resolve this issue.  If EA's stance is truly that they won't offer anything in this scenario, that would be a huge disappointment to say the least, and certainly make me think twice about making any (intended) purchases, or even continuing to play the game at all.

Please let me know if I can provide any other info to assist in this matter.  Thank you. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,396 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Accidental Purchases - Nothing EA can do?

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for providing the details @RevolverUNC Standard smile

I'm going to send you a DM with some additional information.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,294 Views)

All Replies

Hello @RevolverUNC

I'm sorry to hear about the situation, which you've experienced Frown

Usually our live support should be able to help a player, who accidentally purchased a Data Card pack. I'd like to double check your case. Could you provide us with the case number?

Many thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 7 (1,322 Views)

★ Novice
Hello @EA_Ataashi - I was not provided a case number by the live representative. She simply stated there was nothing she could do and that I should post here for assistance. Would it be helpful to provide my Player ID or any other information? I don't know if it's helpful, but according to my phone, the representative called me on July 19th at 11:42AM EST, moments after I submitted a help request online.
Message 3 of 7 (1,317 Views)

@RevolverUNC

You have sent the request via EA Help, right? Then it should create a ticket and case number for you, especially if the adviser called you later Standard smile Could you check if you have any recent cases listed on your profile?

Screenshot_1.png

Also make sure that you're on the correct account. I took a look at your EA account connected with your AHQ ID and I've found no cases there.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 7 (1,297 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Ataashi

I'm also not seeing any cases listed for my account. I requested assistance within the app itself (Settings --> Help --> Contact Us --> Technical Support --> "Call me now"). The rep called me and asked for the email address associated with my account. After some discussion, she realized she couldn't locate my account because I hadn't created one yet. Thus, she advised me to create one and post my request in this forum.

In sum, although my game is linked to Facebook and Google Play, I did not have an EA account until after the call with the representative. This probably explains why there are no cases linked to my account.
Message 5 of 7 (1,287 Views)

Thanks for providing the details @RevolverUNC Standard smile

I'm going to send you a DM with some additional information.

/Ataashi

Message 6 of 7 (1,295 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I’ve just had the same issue as the previous gamer. I accidentally spent 2000 crystals on 25 HK-47 shards I didn’t want or need to be told in the help chat process that there is a EA policy of not refunding in-game currency. If this were a high street store I’d have s month to get a refund on an unwanted item. I filed for help as soon as I did but got nowhere with online help process. I have a case number I can give you on request.

Thanks

Message 7 of 7 (1,138 Views)