Acceleration not working properly in nfs heat!

by KILLAZDUDE101

Original Post

Acceleration not working properly in nfs heat!

★★★ Novice

Product: Need for Speed Heat
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug The acceleration (R2) not working properly. When I press the acceleration button the car takes so long to accelerate and I can barely past 2nd gear. The reverse (L2) works prrfectly fine and I can go faster reversing than accelerating. I've tried using my other controller, restarting the game, reseting the controller, deleting the game and reinstalling it, but there is no difference. The r2 on other games works perfectly, even other nfs games. I need a fix for this issue as the game is basically unplayable for me
What car were you using? Starter Mustang 1965
Was the car your own build or downloaded from the in-game community? Personal Build
What was the last event you played? Second event
Was it a day or a night event? Day Event
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I found it when I first launched the game
What happens when the bug occurs? It makes the acceleration very slow which makes the game unplayable
What do you expect to see? To see the acceleration button working properly

Summarize your bug The acceleration (R2) not working properly. When I press the acceleration button the car takes so long to accelerate and I can barely past 2nd gear. The reverse (L2) works prrfectly fine and I can go faster reversing than accelerating. I've tried using my other controller, restarting the game, reseting the controller, deleting the game and reinstalling it, but there is no difference. The r2 on other games works perfectly, even other nfs games. I need a fix for this issue as the game is basically unplayable for me
Was the car your own build or downloaded from the in-game community? Personal Build
What was the last event you played? The first mission
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I found it when I first launched the game
What happens when the bug occurs? The acceleration is very slow
What do you expect to see? My acceleration to work properly

Message 1 of 54 (35,027 Views)

Re: Acceleration not working properly in nfs heat!

★★★ Novice

@KILLAZDUDE101 wrote:

What was the last event you played? Second event
What happens when the bug occurs? It makes the acceleration very slow which makes the game unplayable
What do you expect to see? To see the acceleration button working properly

What was the last event you played? The first mission
What happens when the bug occurs? The acceleration is very slow
What do you expect to see? My acceleration to work properly

Hi.  I have this problem also, reframe from making the game unplayable by going on your PlayStation dashboard, select settings, select ‘accessibility’, scroll down to ‘button assignments’, now change the R2 button to another button type, example ‘R2’ - ‘X’ / ‘X’ - ‘R2’. This is a temporary fix. Warning! Now your usual ‘X’ button will be the ‘R2’ button Wink

Message 2 of 54 (34,926 Views)

★★ Novice

I got the same issue but it happens when I'm killing cops or crashing them and at first I thought it kill switch then i get owned because can't go past 60 and if I stop it slowly goes up 20 to 21 and  kinda back and forth and got busted and when I went back garage and day time It still was like it and I lost close to 500k cash and 200k rep TRYING DEal with this and it pisses me off really  and I used keyboard and controller on pc... And it still happens more 30 times if not more And  again 500k cash and 200k worth of rep gone because dumb game bug/tech

Message 3 of 54 (34,906 Views)

★★★ Novice
@KILLAZDUDE101 Got the exact same issue on the M3, actually thought it was part of the game being sold a broken car till I watched some YouTube content.and seen others getting into second gear.
Message 4 of 54 (34,795 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. We need a fix ASAP, it’s impossible to progress with a 0-60 of 15+ seconds

Message 5 of 54 (34,763 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@STRANY1 It actually “fixed”? I mean, can we get to speed properly?
Message 6 of 54 (34,762 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I came here because I’m having the same issue! Never seem to get past 2nd and 3rd fear which is so annoying! Coming last in races all the time and getting busted by the cops because you can’t get away fast enough!

Message 7 of 54 (34,744 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I just did this and it works thank you

Message 8 of 54 (34,739 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SAME EXACT PROBLEM, I really wanted to play this game with the Pre-ordered EVO car, and I can't even win the first race.I tried to play the race again and even changed from automatic transmission to manual, but the problem still exists. just the mission "Making a name" which is like the first or 2nd mission, my car can't even get past 40 MPH. After trying to beat the race, it wasn't happening. So frustrating !!!!

Someone please contact any youtubers or anybody on a Development team to put out a hotfix for this problem. 

Message 9 of 54 (34,705 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Change it to r1! I’ve switched them and now I’m winning 🤪

Message 10 of 54 (34,634 Views)