Re: Acceleration not working properly in nfs heat!

by pavlenko2004

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

If you are from pc using a controller and you are econcountering this issue as i am, I found a work around that's actually pretty good, you have to download the latest version of the DS4Windows install everything, and make sure you install the drivers (to make sure you downloaded the drivers go t osettings and on the bottom you should see " Controller/Driver Setup" click on it and follow the instructions)

on the the settings tab on the bottom right click on "ControlPanel", click on advanced, select the "controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)" and click ok.

inside of DS4Windows you have to go to the " Profiles " tab and then click on the profile that you have ( you should only have one and it should be called " Default " ) and click edit,
now in the page that just opened, go to the right in the middle of the page and you should see " L2 & R2 " options where you can change the deadzone, max zone etc...

go to the Anti-dead Zone and put something like 30, (30 works for me you can put what you want), click save on the top of the page, go to the "Controllers" tab and make sure in the

"Selected Profile" there is the Default profile and hit start on the bottom right corner.

If you still have the issue try to open DS4Windows before you open the game, click start and then open the game.

Explaination
Basically i think that when you start pressing the button the game instantly sees that you are pressing it at a 100% and after that part when you press it more the game sees it normally,
the problem is that 100% part when you start pressing the R2 button,

the solution that i've found just makes it so how much you are pressing the button is not how much the game sees you are pressing it,

what the game sees is slightly more then what you are actually pressing, so it skips the part where it thinks you are pressing 100% when you are just slightly pressing it.

sorry for my bad grammar, i'm italian
hope that i helped you!!!

Message 41 of 54 (4,415 Views)

★ Novice
@SKS_AndReix I just wanted to thank you. This worked perfectly.
Message 42 of 54 (4,323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem on a PC. Regardles of using keyboard or a wheel+pedals. 

It is utterly ridiculous. We don't need some improvised community workarounds, rather some fixes, maybe, huh, EA?

Message 43 of 54 (4,251 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@KILLAZDUDE101 It's been over a year now since this has been posted and it's still an issue. NFS Heat was the only EA game I was looking forward to getting when they added it to Game Pass but it's clear they continually produce sub-par games and don't bother fixing them. This isn't a minor bug, it makes the game unplayable. Back to Forza Standard smile
Message 44 of 54 (4,186 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@KILLAZDUDE101 You have to change controllers. That’s what I did and it works perfectly
Message 45 of 54 (4,135 Views)

★ Novice

Just tried that, and it didn't do a thing for me.

Message 46 of 54 (3,907 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this issue too and i realized it was because I had a controller (Power A) with a sensitivity toggle in the back by the trigger. My trigger sensitivity was set to midway so it didn't allow the trigger to depress fully. I changed it to the most sensitive setting and it fixed it!

Message 47 of 54 (3,573 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It's Sept 2022 and the issue still exists on the PS4. I came on here to see if there was a fix.

Message 48 of 54 (3,168 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ECLEMENTE I have same problem on PC with keyboard. Car just stop acceleration randomly
Message 49 of 54 (2,871 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this issue as well when I have Chrome open on a 2nd screen that is streaming video. Closing chrome / stopping the stream fixed the random acceleration drop issue in NFS Heat (playing with keyboard) without needing to restart NSF Heat. Perhaps you could try closing any open software / background service you don't need to see if it helps.

Message 50 of 54 (2,756 Views)