Re: Acceleration (R2) not working properly

by SaMiXxRises

Original Post

Acceleration (R2) not working properly

★★★ Novice

NFS Heat Ps4

I just got the game today and when I first launched the game, I noticed that the acceleration (R2) not working properly. When I press the acceleration button the car takes so long to accelerate and I can barely past 2nd gear. The reverse (L2) works prrfectly fine and I can go faster reversing than accelerating. I've tried using my other controller, restarting the game, reseting the controller, deleting the game and reinstalling it, but there is no difference. The r2 on other games works perfectly, even other nfs games. I need a fix for this issue as the game is basically unplayable for me

Message 1 of 12 (8,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue on PC. Worked well at first but encountered this bug today.  

Message 2 of 12 (8,464 Views)

★★ Novice

Same on pc it work on keyboard but controller dont work AND I ONLY USE CONTROLLER THEY NEED Fix this god damn thing How the hell does this even happen This first nsf game that had this issue like come on ea

Message 3 of 12 (8,441 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same problem, game is basically unplayable 

Message 4 of 12 (8,411 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue!! This is HORRIBLE. I hold down acceleration and absolutely nothing happens. Stuck in 4th gear? HOW? 

Message 5 of 12 (8,369 Views)

Community Manager

From what I've seen, issues with trigger sensitivity are being highlighted by the game. As a test can you try Swapping R1 and R2 in your PS4 accessibility settings and see if R1 is applying the appropriate level of acceleration?

https://www.howtogeek.com/245977/how-to-remap-buttons-on-your-playstation-4s-controller/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 12 (8,348 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this is a workaround. How about a proper solution?

Message 7 of 12 (8,110 Views)

★★ Novice

fix the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ problem or i am getting a refound. i remember there was such a problem with BF4. You couldn't shoot with sniper guns. And it was a problem of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ developera for not supporting the early contolers models. And it's here now again, with FROSTBITE engine. 

I tested with my friend's controler who have a slim controler and it worked proberly. (mine is gold edition). 

so fix it or ❤️❤️❤️❤️ you. i paid 30$ for this peaceof ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and i cant even go pas 10 kmph

Message 8 of 12 (7,876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

If you are from pc using a controller and you are econcountering this issue as i am, I found a work around that's actually pretty good, you have to download the latest version of the DS4Windows install everything, and make sure u install the drivers (to make sure u downloaded the drivers go t osettings and on the bottom u should see " Controller/Driver Setup" click on it and follow the instructions)

on the the settings tab on the bottom right click on "ControlPanel", click on advanced, select the "controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)" and click ok.

inside of DS4Windows you have to go to the " Profiles " tab and then click on the profile that you have ( you should only have one and it should be called " Default " ) and click edit,
now in the page that just opened, go to the right in the middle of the page and you should see " L2 & R2 " options where you can change the deadzone, max zone etc...

go to the Anti-dead Zone and put something like 30, (30 works for me you can put what u want), click save on the top of the page, go to the "Controllers" tab and make sure in the

"Selected Profile" there is the Default profile and hit start on the bottom right corner.

If u still have the issue try to open DS4Windows before you open the game, click start and then open the game.

Explaination
Basically i think that when you start pressing the button the game instantly sees that u are pressing it at a 100% and after that part when u press it more the game sees it normally,
the problem is that 100% part when u start pressing the R2 button,

the solution that i've found just makes it so how much you are pressing the button is not how much the game sees you are pressing it,

what the game sees is slightly more then what you are actually pressing, so it skips the part where it thinks you are pressing 100% when u are just slightly pressing it.

sorry for my bad grammar, i'm italian
hope that i helped you!!!

Message 9 of 12 (6,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@KILLAZDUDE101 Thx man for this quick fix👏👍
Message 10 of 12 (1,868 Views)