Re: About crashing issues

by Ellioch

Original Post

About crashing issues

★★ Novice

Apex crashed first time after several match 15 hours ago without any message,  then it crashed second time in the next few games, third time in the beginning of next game, last two crashes leaved some txt file, It seems comes fast and faster. I checked the file and I also know there is some RAM overclocking problem recently on my PC, and I checked them by memtest pro 100% 24 hours ago, the result shows no problem with the memory overclocking. And I checked them again by 1000%, no fault was founded after 9 hours. 

Then I thought maybe it is the problem about the continuously updating or my samsung 850pro SSD, so I deleted apex and reinstall  in my M.2 SSD, then, boom, crashing didn't come again in my past 15 games.  Hope my experience could help for you guys. Good luck.

Message 1 of 5 (245 Views)

★ Pro
thanks for sharing.. did you have rapid mode enabled on your 850 pro? i might consider upgrading my motherboard and buy a samsung nvme
Message 2 of 5 (231 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Just a note: sometimes if your ram is above 3000Mhz you may get instability with the game.

I dont know if its the frequency or the timings but some users get that, altho kinda rare.

Just so we can keep notes can you give us the timings and frequency of your ram when its OC'd.

Let us know if downclocking helped and the timings and frequency of the ram please.

Another thing to remember is that ram can be picky to get stable which is why some users dont do it because the gains are minor if the ram is already fast there is no need.

Message 3 of 5 (218 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope, RAPID mode swallow DRAMS. Once I activated it then I found that game like SC2 runs like on a 10 years old machine, I know how it works and realized that my RAMS(4*8) seems not working well, maybe it's too hot for them(TridentZ royal 3200C14 XMP, 4133 C18 overclocking).

I'm not sure how it crashes, maybe you can reinstall APEX in another disk like me, check your DRAMS to confirm whether your DRAM overclocking is working well(lots of crashes is caused by DRAM issue).

Last, I'm a hardware enthusiast, so, as I know, WD SN750 is better that Samsung 970EVO(even plus version), if you want to make some updating, you can do some work to check them out.(I'm using WD SN700, it's cheaper but have a weaker 4K benchmark than 970EVO, maybe SN750 has been solved it, not sure about this.

Message 4 of 5 (210 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your hint.

Yup, you are right about this. Seriously I got a bad environment for my DRAMs(Z390 GODLIKE, 4*8(8*2 for 2 set 3200C14 XMP), overclocked to 4133 18 18 18 37 550 CR2, and a less good air condition for cooling them).I worked several days for DRAM overclocking, and the motherboard just make me crazy( got a worse behavior in new BIOS version). If the game still not stable in future I'll try to downclock DRAM frequency and see what happens.

The otherwise, my CPU seem not working perfectly on 5.0Ghz, so I just make it turbo boost in MAX 4.9, well, maybe it works.

Message 5 of 5 (205 Views)