Re: Abandoned penalty for being kicked out of games. why??

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_AljoI don't understand why you still haven't answered the question why you receive no points for when you are positive. Stop talking abut connection problems...really annoying you haven't addressed this problem.
Again I will say....Why would anyone rage quit/pull the plug etc if they have positive points. answer.....they wouldn't. Yet for some reason your system in place decides to not only hit the player with an extra abandoned fee (equaling the entry cost) but also removing all current kills/assists and placement. This is absurd...and extremely annoying for players who disconnect from games.....caused by your servers.

Now I've switched to playing on London servers and behold I've had a lot less problems then playing on Tokyo servers...and when I do have code:net disconnects...amazingly I actually get back into the game...( I do have video evidence of this) however code: shoe and code:cloud I do not...which are server issues....but lets not talk about connection problems...WHY ARE PLAYERS HAVING POINTS REMOVED WHEN THEY ARE POSITIVE.....seriously....at-least hit them with the abandoned game penalty but not remove the positive points...seriously annoying...how am I plus 100 points and then dc...to have -72...at-least just take away the 36 so I still have +64.

Again numerous games now where I've been put into the game by myself with just another team member...3 games in a row one time...and you want to say its the players connection problems??? joke...seriously just a joke....no other games have server problems like yours and now players are being penalized for it unfairly...joke.....I dont come onto forums to complain ever but this has really annoyed me to the point that I feel the need to.

Please do not answer this with only talking about connection issues...actually address the main issue here please...thank you

PS: why am I so salty?? because I'm currently sitting at PLAT 1 after losing 2000+ RP points from penalties not including losing my positive points in which we're probably talking 3000+ I've literally gotten from plat-diamond twice and then some already....just a joke! 

Message 31 of 45 (611 Views)

Community Manager

@hiddending 

Disconnecting will result in lost RP. Regardless of having positive points or not.

Aljo.png
Message 32 of 45 (548 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@hiddending Same here, it is soooo annoying, I've been super close, but due to being set back multiple times, due to server issues, I've been penalized multiple times. I still play, but I wish there was something that could be done about this.
Message 33 of 45 (467 Views)

Community Manager

@Static_Shocks_U 

If you are frequently disconnecting, we can go through some troubleshooting. If that's something you'd like to do, please start up another thread, send a private message or contact an advisor here. Thank you.

Aljo.png
Message 34 of 45 (444 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

I am having the same issue. It has nothing to do with my connection and everything to do with the APEX game itself. Please fix this I’ve lost so much RP and now and being penalized for APEX’s issues. 

Message 35 of 45 (364 Views)

Community Manager

@FutureWheels 

We'll keep monitoring the servers for issues. If you want to go through some troubleshooting, let me know what platform you play on and if a wired or wireless connection is being used. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 36 of 45 (349 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Top 4 situation in ranked 3 kills 2 assist 1 participation im at +64. Mid shooting someone game closes sends me to desktop i open game back up hit continue it puts me back into the game and then closes to desktop again twice so i try again 3rd time puts me at main menu says i forfeited the match and gave me -51.

Message 37 of 45 (320 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @Fostyyyyy 

Are you playing through Steam or Origin? Also, have you tried any troubleshooting steps yet?

Aljo.png
Message 38 of 45 (295 Views)

★★★ Newbie

just happened to me, its *

Message 39 of 45 (254 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA, Simply put, doesn’t give one single rip about its users. They know you’ll keep playing and giving them your money so they never really fix anything especially when it comes to Apex Legends. They do not care. They will only start caring when millions decide to just boycott EA. EA wants to keep taking money from us cause they see as as idiots that will keep them in business even when they keep their bugs and don’t have to work to fix it. Why put out effort if very little effort gets them paid the same. I’m only one person but I’m about done. I think I’m finally ready to uninstall all EA server related content. Madden has been trash for years due to EA and now a great concept in Apex is ruined for me cause I know I’ll just get abandoned penalties because EAs servers kicked me and can’t handle it. 

Message 40 of 45 (185 Views)