Re: APEX legends freezes PC RTX problem ?

by HuckleBerryFick

Original Post

★ Guide

This game is *

Message 31 of 64 (8,355 Views)

★★ Novice

Same exact issue for me as well.

It used to be the computer with throw up an error and I could at least back out into desktop and force Apex to close.

Now I can't even get back to the desktop.  Even clicking "task manager" does nothing.  My only other options are

to "change user" or "restart" or hard power off the machine.  If I try clicking on "change user" or "restart" the computer

will then completely freeze up and I'm forced to hard power off/on.

This is a brand new computer that's  literally only 2 days old.

Alienware Aurora R8  

I9 Processor

32 Gigs Ram

RTX 2080 Ti

For what it's worth, I can play Fortnite, other games, use my FL Studio, Youtube, everything else 0 issues.

ONLY APEX is causing these issues.  

Message 32 of 64 (8,355 Views)

★★ Apprentice

i have the same problem as mista808

Message 33 of 64 (8,082 Views)

Re: Apex Legends crashes mid game

★★★ Newbie
Ok, so I got constant crashing on my rtx 2070, with errors and without errors, pc freezes and *. First I lowered my graphics to all low to the game like 60% stable. Now I think I fixed my crashing problem by taking EVERY overclock off. Cpu to stock, gpu to stock. Plus I disabled Origin in game for apex legends, from the game properties and limited fps to 140 in asustweak so g-sync stays always on. Now I have played for 2 days (like 50 games) with best graphics and had crashed zero times. (Only VRAM on 4gb tho, everything else on high). Hope this helps someone.
Message 34 of 64 (7,944 Views)

Re: Apex Legends crashes mid game

★★★ Newbie

Oh, and I am using 417.71 geforce drivers. Any other game hasn't crashed while pc is oc'd (csgo,hots,fortnite,pubg,bfv,dota2,dmc you name it), so I think it is because of the games engine. I don't know just my guess..

Message 35 of 64 (7,941 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue.

Did you find a fix??

My entire pc crashes/freezes as well

Message 36 of 64 (7,846 Views)

★★ Novice
Exactly the same... RTX 2070 here and i have sometime full PC freeze with Apex Legend... I using 417.71 because others drivers cause the game crash every 2-3 party...
Message 37 of 64 (7,731 Views)

★★★ Newbie
VRAM is the culprit. Reduce tk recommend VRAM and it should work fine. For a 16GB ram kit I'm only able to use a recommended of 2GB VRAM and that is demotivating. I hope developers will do something about it.
Message 38 of 64 (7,687 Views)

★★ Novice

For me just work replace my GTX graphic card for my old AMD graphic card and for my surprise i played 10 match without any PC Freezes i`m waiting for a nvidia fix cause the problem look like being for nvidia part :/

Message 39 of 64 (7,615 Views)

★★★ Novice

When you're in the frozen game, press the windows key and tab at the same time. This will "alt tab" you to another desktop instance.

Then click on Desktop 2 that you can see on the top left. When in desktop 2, you should see that you dont have any programs running on it.

Turn on task manager and end task on apex legends. Windows Key + Tab again to return to your default desktop. Standard smile

Message 40 of 64 (7,482 Views)