APEX LEGENDS LAGS! What can i do?

by BuIImode

Original Post

APEX LEGENDS LAGS! What can i do?

★★★ Novice

Hello, I have these lags. Does anyone have any idea what I can do about it?

Here is video with the lags.

https://youtu.be/D2t4nbsixlE 

Thanks you!

Message 1 of 14 (738 Views)

Re: APEX LEGENDS LAGS! What can i do?

Community Manager

Hi @BuIImode

I watched the video you linked. That's definitely rough. I'd like to try a few things to see if we can help with the lag you're seeing. 

First, can you try running through the basic connectivity troubleshooting steps to see if that helps at all? Those can help out with a lot of the most common connectivity issues so that's usually the best place to start. 

If it keeps happening after that try the PC-specific steps as well. Let me know if you're still seeing the same lag issues happening after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 14 (698 Views)

★★★ Novice

I used the UO trace program. Maybe you can see there something?

Message 3 of 14 (675 Views)

★ Guide
@BuIImode this kinda lag is due to background activity of some other program i used to get this. did you check if any programs are using internet in the background ?? also disable BITS
Message 4 of 14 (658 Views)

Community Manager

@BuIImode 

The UO Trace you attached is showing quite a lot of packet loss. It starts at the very first hop, which is the connection between your PC and your router/modem, and continues all the way to the end. How is your PC currently connected to the internet? Is it using wifi, or is it connected with a network cable? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 14 (650 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent I use a network cable.
Message 6 of 14 (629 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SiirLagALot No, there are no more programs wich use internet.
Message 7 of 14 (626 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent I done a new UO Trace Test with 100 Pakets.

Message 8 of 14 (608 Views)

Community Manager

@BuIImode 

That trace definitely looks a lot better. There's no measurable packet loss, and the ping stays pretty low throughout the trace. Based on the differences between the two tests I'm wondering if this might be something that is only happening intermittently. 

Have you had the chance to try changing the DNS settings in Windows to see if that helps at all? Sometimes using a different DNS can help with issues like this. You can change the DNS settings in Windows through your TCP/IP settings. For more info on how to get there check out the Microsoft Support website. If you choose Manual you can then manually enter a different DNS. I usually use the public Google DNS (Primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4), but if you would rather use a different open DNS that would be OK as well. 

Once the DNS settings are changed try playing Apex Legends again. Let me know how it goes when you can. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 14 (590 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_KentI changed the dns and have still the packet loss. Everytime i have the laggs in game, the game show me the icon for packet loss.

Message 10 of 14 (534 Views)