APEX LEGENDS: Game is super laggy despite having decent pc specs

by ahajos03

Original Post

Accepted Solution

APEX LEGENDS: Game is super laggy despite having decent pc specs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey everyone! I've been trying to play Apex Legends lately but it just runs very poorly on my pc despite having some decently high specs. They are way above the minimum requirements for the game but it is still constantly lagging. I have turned the video settings as low as possible and I still am having huge issues with lag. On top of this I also see red glares all over the map and black pixels covering some of the characters. I tried updating my video drivers and still no success.

Anyone know any fixes to this problem either in game or for my pc?

Message 1 of 15 (22,761 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: APEX LEGENDS: Game is super laggy despite having decent pc specs

[ Edited ]

Hey @ahajos03 

It looks like your Computer is using your intel graphics when playing Apex Legends.

You might want to disable your integrated graphics so Apex will be using your 960M.

How To disable your intel graphics:

Press the Windows button and X at the same time. 

A list will pop up and select Device Manager, this will open window and find the Display Adapters list.

Right-click on the listed display intel integrated graphics accelerator and select disable. Do not select uninstall as this may cause further problems.

I also noticed you are on an old driver version.
You might want to update it to the latest NVIDIA 422.50 drivers.

You can update your drivers by using Geforce Experience or download them manually over here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Let me know if Apex Legends runs better after these steps. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 15 (22,513 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Try streaming it. I've done every trick in the book. got a massive pc and does not matter. Lag, lag, lag, lag, lag

Message 2 of 15 (22,715 Views)

Hey @ahajos03 

Oh no, that doesn't sound good, let's get this issue fixed.
Could you attach some screenshots of those black pixels covering the characters?

If you could also a dxdiag to your post that would be amazing as this gives me more information about your PC. Standard smile

Message 3 of 15 (22,638 Views)

★★★ Novice

Aw man I'm really sorry to hear that! Keep checking here and see if a fix ever comes!

Message 4 of 15 (22,616 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Zeelmaekers Alright I attatched a dxdiag! I couldn't get pictures of the black pixels I was talking about as they keep flashing in and out and I couldn't get a picture fast enough
Message 5 of 15 (22,586 Views)

★ Guide
Did you update your driver to 442.50 and still facing issues ?
Message 6 of 15 (22,559 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey @ahajos03 

It looks like your Computer is using your intel graphics when playing Apex Legends.

You might want to disable your integrated graphics so Apex will be using your 960M.

How To disable your intel graphics:

Press the Windows button and X at the same time. 

A list will pop up and select Device Manager, this will open window and find the Display Adapters list.

Right-click on the listed display intel integrated graphics accelerator and select disable. Do not select uninstall as this may cause further problems.

I also noticed you are on an old driver version.
You might want to update it to the latest NVIDIA 422.50 drivers.

You can update your drivers by using Geforce Experience or download them manually over here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Let me know if Apex Legends runs better after these steps. Standard smile

Message 7 of 15 (22,514 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Zeelmaekers Hey! It Worked like a charm! Thank you so much I appreciate it a ton! I didn't even need to switch display adaptes, just update the drivers, but still thank you I really appreciate it! Hope you have a great day!
Message 8 of 15 (22,473 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 9 of 15 (22,470 Views)

★★★ Novice
@TheLawnMan-FB Hey! We found a solution if you're looking for one
Message 10 of 15 (22,470 Views)